You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: "Better" Video Discussion

Er, can someone ping me a link?

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Id upload it to mediashare but it would be a waste of download

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Personally,

I'd be keen to see a well-done (official) live video of the current lineup doing TWAT, Catcher or something similar.

Just sayin'.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:

I like the Dead Horse video. It was fun, nothing earth-shattering. Same here. I liked it. I also thought it was funny seeing Lars lying in the chair, holding the garbage can to his face, because he was so shitfaced.

Yeah, I don't see how this is any different than the "Dead Horse" video, really.  That was a live footage video, too.  The only difference is that this video doesn't have the Axl-cam footage.

Ali

Dead Horse was not the first single off a brand new album. It was a throwaway single with very little effort put into its video.

That said, I think the Dead Horse video is alot better than this collective mess. From the cheesy title cards to the terribly rendered CGI demon baby to the lazy, out of sync audio and video, this video was as horrific as it was confusing. Why introduce players who are not in the band? Why not do a better job syncing the music with the video? Why are portions completely out of focus? I don't mind the video being fun, but at least put it together well.

This plays like a fan who was privy to very good back stage and DVD quality footage but lacking the ability to put it together in a lucid manner.

Ali, no offense, but you have consistently become the Axl apologist on this board. It is as if the man can do no wrong.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i doubt it's the final cut.

a lot of people, including me, feel like the majority of leaks over the years have been by the gnr camp, before tours.

now, look at the steady decline of what we have gotten.

cd tracks
then
cd artwork
then
30 secs of blood in the water
then
what appears to be a rough draft of a mediocre video for a 4 year old single

either they are getting more stingy with their material or there isn't anything left to leak

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

or the leaks are NOT authorised by the GNR camp - and they got smarter about who they let play in the vault.

My theory is they used to be lax about security - thus the leaks of the album and other drafts but that all of these happened a long time ago.

Most is in wide circulation - some of it is in more limited circulation because of hoarding.

Occasionally a third party - like a graphic designer or a video editor will be sloppy and allow stuff to come out.....but GNR are more careful with new music these days.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Thus leading to the current situation we are in ladies and gents! With no new music. I truly want to believe 4tus's statement that he wants to spend this year entirely to working with Guns on new material with Axl, DJ and the others. Besides just another round of touring which I wouldn't be pissed about. We've all been patient for too long and we need some forward momentum. If they are recording or writing something at least keep the fans updated with pics and legit info not these half ass statements on they are considering the possibility. Hoping the Vegas tour brings in some change because I want this current lineup to succeed and be recognized for being cool guys, talented musicians, and actual band members worthy of the Guns N' Roses name.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

they always come right before a tour/show/event of some kind though

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

Thus leading to the current situation we are in ladies and gents! With no new music. I truly want to believe 4tus's statement that he wants to spend this year entirely to working with Guns on new material with Axl, DJ and the others. Besides just another round of touring which I wouldn't be pissed about. We've all been patient for too long and we need some forward momentum. If they are recording or writing something at least keep the fans updated with pics and legit info not these half ass statements on they are considering the possibility. Hoping the Vegas tour brings in some change because I want this current lineup to succeed and be recognized for being cool guys, talented musicians, and actual band members worthy of the Guns N' Roses name.

I've given up on new material getting released. How Axl keeps these guys motivated is beyond me. I'm looking forward to seeing what Appetite for Democracy brings, but fear it will just be another excuse to not get creative. I think Axl has developed a fear of the studio!

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I can see why the video was snarled up by rights issues – not just Lars. I assume Buckethead had some issues about signing off on it, given that it was implying he was a current member of the band.

The video's doing exactly what it should do – introducing the new band – but they've opted to include Buckethead and Brain as current members. And, indeed, Finck – wasn't this made around the same time that he left? So they were faced with the absurd situation of either adding in Ashba and retaining Finck in the video (which they'd have to do, given that Bucket n' Brain were in there) or axing Finck and then having to chop out Bucket and Brain too. Meaning that neither of the players who contributed lead solos would be in the video.

Board footer