You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: "Better" Video Discussion

misterID wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

This is annoying...

Yep. People wanting to start arguments four years after the guy is gone that they don't like Finck for absolutley no reason, again and again. People not reading an argument correctly, and deciding what is and what isn't relevant.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

2002 was the first wave of heat, of haters and the "they aren't Slash" bashing. It was much smaller in 2006 (even with Robin) and way Smaller in 2012.

But that's my point.

2002 = Guys who don't look at all rock - Robin as a goth and Bucket as..well...a scarecrow or whatever he is. Two guys who don't look at ALL like GNR and who also SOUND nothing like GNR. People complained.

Come on, Monkey! Get it right!

Bucket is a robot. bucket

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

This is annoying...

Yep. People wanting to start arguments four years after the guy is gone that they don't like Finck for absolutley no reason, again and again. People not reading an argument correctly, and deciding what is and what isn't relevant.

Oh the irony...  14

misterID

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

This is annoying...

Oh the irony...  14

Oh, yes. The thing is, you're arguing against reality. Saying playing on an album and multiple tours of one of the biggest bands in the world isn't an accomplishment is wrong. It's not me.

Slapping "my opinion" to a statement doesn't protect you from criticism when it's wrong and based on stupidity. smile

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Oh the irony...  14

Oh, yes. The thing is, you're arguing against reality. Saying playing on an album and multiple tours of one of the biggest bands in the world isn't an accomplishment is wrong. It's not me.

Slapping "my opinion" to a statement doesn't protect you from criticism when it's wrong and based on stupidity. smile

Woah, did he come back to GnR?  When did I miss that?  Better yet, how did I miss that?

No, I don't think he did.  He came back to another one man show as a touring musician and appeared on an album.  Congrats to him.  How many writing credits did he get there?  None?  Not many?  How many units did it move?  Less than CD?  A lot less than CD?  I ask these questions because not only do I not know, I don't care because it doesn't matter.  It didn't show up on anybody's radar, and as I said, he's more know for getting sucked off by Manson on stage than anything he's accomplished as a musician. 

I don't decide what is or isn't irrelevant for everybody, but I do get to decide for me, and that qualifies.  And no amount of trying admirably to win a discussion you can't win is going to change that.  You're sitting here claiming your opinion counts and mine doesn't.  That makes you a tool and every bit the troll you claim D was being.  Good day sir.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yeah, you keep moving the goal post as to what constitutes an accomplishment (like now pretending NIN isn't one of the biggest bands in the world), as ridiculous as that is, at the same time you ignore that D literally asked me what tours he was on, because he hadn't heard of any. I told him. And if D said the world was flat, doesn't mean he isn't wrong because he slapped IMO to it. You're the one making an issue out of "no one knowing who he is" and wanting to start polls about it and shit. You don't think he accomplished anything, fine. That is your opinion.

And you're still wrong. smile

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, you keep moving the goal post as to what constitutes an accomplishment (like now pretending NIN isn't one of the biggest bands in the world), as ridiculous as that is, at the same time you ignore that D literally asked me what tours he was on, because he hadn't heard of any. I told him. And if D said the world was flat, doesn't mean he isn't wrong because he slapped IMO to it. You're the one making an issue out of "no one knowing who he is" and wanting to start polls about it and shit. You don't think he accomplished anything, fine. That is your opinion.

And you're still wrong. smile

I said good day!

misterID

misterID wrote:

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i think both robin and bucket contributed a great deal musically to the album, although, neither looked right on stage.  i think people were expecting a gnr reunion and instead got a visual freakshow along with much less rockish renditions of the classics which was like putting salt in the wound. axl needed to either completely abandon the old stuff with this lineup at this point or trade in one of the two guitarists for izzy or dj or something like that. too much change with nothing to justify it.

Sky Dog wrote:

Agree Adrian....and we really need a new thread....

Board footer