You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: ADLER: Debut Album Details Revealed

apex-twin wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

4. The One That You Hated
--- Even better. Easily one of the best songs on the album. Still just as good as the first time I heard it.

The only song I've bothered with so far.

Exceeded expectations by a long shot. Nice job, Steven & co.

Axlin12 wrote:

***1/4 stars - 3.25/5 -- Pretty Good

this album is easily among the best of post-GN'R output. Easily. ... I'd actually put Adler's Back From The Dead among the Top-4 at least, if not Top-2. Yes, it's that good.

A 'Pretty Good' album on itself is a 'that good' GNR alumni album.

How sad is that?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I agree. The sad thing is all of the parts of the original GN'R combined is one of the greatest hard rock bands in history, and imo easily the best hard rock of the past 30 years.

But apart it always seems like something is missing. Adler has a great guitarist and a good vocalist w/ Steven, but seems to be missing a prescence of a Duff or Izzy. Duff's album had great attitude, and in some cases sounded like GN'R B-sides, but needed Axl & Slash. Slash's stuff has had Izzy & Duff & Steven show up, but has failed to find a vocalist even close to Axl since Axl. And Axl's CD has all the GN'R attitude, replaced successfully Steven (Frank) and Duff (Tommy), but the lack of Izzy & Slash is so glaring that in some places it doesn't even sound like GN'R. It had to be a completely rebooted thing to even survive. It'd be like Chris Nolan doing a Batman movie with Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne. Keaton might be back in the suit, but it's not the same ingredients around him.

This has remained a problem with this band since 1990-93 and the gradual dissolving of the actual Guns N' Roses.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

http://www.guitarworld.com/interview-ad … -back-dead

A good read on the recording of the album.  You see Bunton is probably the main man in this band.  He also plays a lot of the guitar... Lonnie Paul seems like a real cool dude.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTopHbRqfq8

Back from the Dead, LIVE!!  I love this song!!!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

This band is original as fuck, I fucking love them.  I would take this singer over Axl and Myles right now.  He is a rock star, he can sing, he can write, etc.  Damnit, why can't VR have a guy like this?

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Steven found some great talent with these guys. I was hoping to pick up the album in stores later on; but I may have to get it online. I rather have a CD copy for my music collection. They all seem like great guys and Jacob seems very down to earth, fan friendly, and has skill. They put on one of a hell show from the youtube clips I've seen.  Hope to see more great things from this band.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This band is original as fuck, I fucking love them.  I would take this singer over Axl and Myles right now.  He is a rock star, he can sing, he can write, etc.  Damnit, why can't VR have a guy like this?

Yeah, shame he is a skinny pale ugly motherfucker that looks like he needs a good steak, and to step out of the 80's... 14

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Still havent bought it. Seeing jacob rape SCOM and do the douche guitar stuff turned me off. Ill buy it soon though

Board footer