You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Axl On Kimmel Oct 24th, Live Interview!

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

I'm sayin he shouldn't be there at all. That it should be beneath him!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I'm sayin he shouldn't be there at all. That it should be beneath him!

Why?

johndivney wrote:

why, cause he's axl fucking rose mate. that's fucking why. he shouldn't be hob-knobbing w/nobodies like jimmy kimmel & ana gasteyer.

there was a time when he veto'd press for bigger things than this. but now he's prostituting himself for fortune & shame!

it's EMBARRASSING that what should be one of the biggest bands in the world have shrunk to promoting themselves in such a tawdry manner. it's embarrassing for me - it's another excuse for other people to laugh at axl & GnR. one of my mates, completely outta the blue actually said to me one evening, "so i hear axl has to go on some random chat show cause of poor ticket sales or something?" & i mean, this guy lives in Northern Ireland & has absolutely zero interest in GnR unless it's to mock them. & that's what this is, another excuse to mock them. it's fucking embarrassing.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Jimmy Kimmel is a nobody? Axl ain't God and if he wanna go on a fun show, he can do that because he is Axl Rose. That's fucking why. If he wants to do it, then he can do it.

And how many decades have we been complaining Axl doesn't show up to anything again?

May I remind you?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
johndivney wrote:

it's EMBARRASSING that what should be one of the biggest bands in the world have shrunk to promoting themselves in such a tawdry manner

The 2002 band was more embarrassing. Not because of the people involved as such, but because of the way certain someone handled himself.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
johndivney wrote:

it's EMBARRASSING that what should be one of the biggest bands in the world have shrunk to promoting themselves in such a tawdry manner

The 2002 band was more embarrassing. Not because of the people involved as such, but because of the way certain someone handled himself.

there's been plenty of other even more embarrassing moments.
but this is still one.

RussTCB wrote:

This isn't aimed at you, but I can't get my head around that type of thinking.

Talk shows are how things are done. And the thinking for a long, long time has been "Axl's too big for that" about just about everything.

The last 10 - 15 years is what you get when Axl doesn't promote GN'R at all.

there's two things here: yea this is how things are done in the showbiz world & yea, lack of promo hurt the profile of the band.
BUT neither of these things are in any way important to them producing great music or putting on great live shows.

axl has shown the past 10-15years the game doesn't have to be played like this. in fact he's gone out of his way not to do this shit. & suddenly when he does it's on a low-rent production like this? it doesn't add up.

DCK wrote:

Jimmy Kimmel is a nobody? Axl ain't God and if he wanna go on a fun show, he can do that because he is Axl Rose. That's fucking why. If he wants to do it, then he can do it.

And how many decades have we been complaining Axl doesn't show up to anything again?

May I remind you?

what's your point? if he can do it, why didn't he do it before - or why was he so strongly against doing it before? but suddenly it's ok to do it now? again, it doesn't add up.

he's not God but he should conduct himself like a superstar cause he is.
you don't see jagger going on this kinda crap.
why does he show contempt for the typical showbiz routines on one hand then embrace them with the other? in a way, this kinda example of his contradictions help make him an interesting character. but i also think it was betray some flaws of his character, & especially after all his talk & behaviour & silence over the past 15years.
this smacks of weakness, on a format that is below someone of axl's stature.
imo.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

SNL is a bigger deal than Jimmy Kimmel
& hey, i've seen jagger on cheaper produced shows than jimmy kimmel - my point is more about the standards & quality of the show rather than $$$.

Later has far more kudos than just about any music/entertainment show i know. in terms of tv performances, it has captured more great moments than any other tv, probably ever - inc ed sullivan, or letterman or old grey whistle.

is jimmy kimmel really a big deal in the US?
how many talk shows get bigger ratings than it?
or rather, how many talk shows get lower ratings than it?!
i'm unconvinced..

Board footer