You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Axl On Kimmel Oct 24th, Live Interview!

metallex78 wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:

I thought the interview was meh...it was neither backwards or forwards for me. Oh, and instead of reading through all the pages, am I the only one who noticed Axl looked very uncomfortable when Kimmel asked the question "Where does Axl disappear to in between songs?" No mention of oxygen breaks, although I guess I don't know what I expected him to say to that..maybe admittedly make light of it I don't know...but change clothes..really? Check setlists? Really? Haha

Yeah, he could've said that because the songs were so intense vocally, he was getting oxygen. That I'd understand, but changing clothes was an odd answer...

I thought the "not standing there like an idiot" during the solos, was kinda funny though 16

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:

I thought the interview was meh...it was neither backwards or forwards for me. Oh, and instead of reading through all the pages, am I the only one who noticed Axl looked very uncomfortable when Kimmel asked the question "Where does Axl disappear to in between songs?" No mention of oxygen breaks, although I guess I don't know what I expected him to say to that..maybe admittedly make light of it I don't know...but change clothes..really? Check setlists? Really? Haha

Yeah, he could've said that because the songs were so intense vocally, he was getting oxygen. That I'd understand, but changing clothes was an odd answer...

I thought the "not standing there like an idiot" during the solos, was kinda funny though 16

During the Illusion tour at least he regularly was legitimately changing his clothes (shirt/jacket at least) when he left the stage so it's not that odd.

That said, I would assume "getting oxygen" was the answer they were trying to coax out of him so they could talk about it.  It seemed odd that he didn't mention it.  Especially because there were pictures of him doing it back in the day so it's not like it's some kind of secret.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:

During the Illusion tour at least he regularly was legitimately changing his clothes (shirt/jacket at least) when he left the stage so it's not that odd.

That said, I would assume "getting oxygen" was the answer they were trying to coax out of him so they could talk about it.  It seemed odd that he didn't mention it.  Especially because there were pictures of him doing it back in the day so it's not like it's some kind of secret.

I know it's not an odd occurrence that Axl changes clothes so often during a show, I just thought it was "odd" in the fact that Axl does so in the first place.

No other artist I've seen, none come to mind anyway, changes clothes as much as he does during a show.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

well, of course he`s getting oxygen, but i bet the main reason is really that he feels uncomfortable on stage during the solos , as he tells kimmel. watch this clip from 3:40 on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMJt0UNp45U

he disappears behind the stage, but stays in the tent for only a few seconds.

+ the wardrobe changes...

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I don't think there's anything wrong with saying he gets oxygen as well.  What he does is physically demanding and the oxygen obviously helps.

Metallex - Axl was second only to Madonna for changing clothes during the UYI days.  16

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

U know. Axl prob ALWAYS disappeared, its just before u had Slash or Duff or someone to focus on and didn't notice, whereas now.. U REALLY notice due to lack of starpower.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

hmmmm interesting. a friend of mine on Facebook was pissed at the interview *She is a casual fan*  thought Kimmel made fun of Axl a lot of the interview..

I didn't think so but weird how people interpret things differently

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:

In fairness, I think those questions were off the cuff and unrehearsed.  Most of these interviews are pretty structured.  The guests do a pre interview with the shows staff and they go over what they want to talk about.  They come up with some interesting and funny stories.  This makes the guest more at ease and prepared for what's to come.  But the "fan question" portion I doubt was gone over beforehand.  That was probably the first time Axl heard those questions so he had to answer them right on the spot.  Not always an easy thing to do in front of a live studio audience with millions watching on TV/online.  Especially for someone who doesn't give many interviews.  If he had more time to think about his answers, I'm sure they'd be different.  But that's what he came up with rapid fire.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

hmmmm interesting. a friend of mine on Facebook was pissed at the interview *She is a casual fan*  thought Kimmel made fun of Axl a lot of the interview..

I didn't think so but weird how people interpret things differently

I went over to a Van Halen message board to check out the reaction.  Not surprisingly, they HATE Axl over there.  They were saying he looked awful, sounded awful, the interview was awful, worse than the TMS interview.  They did put some of the blame on Kimmel for asking softball questions.  I guess nothing compares to the time Eddie Van Halen dished all the dirt on the Tonight Show.  Oh wait, that didn't happen?  Oh, yeah, that NEVER happens.  These shows aren't designed to get to the bottom of things. 

And there was some talk there too that Jimmy went to the well with the "late" jokes a little too much.  I thought it was all in fun.  Axl obviously had no problem with it, as he provided that Oscar Wilde quote about lateness that is hung in his house.  When people can laugh at themselves, it humanizes them.  There's nothing wrong with that.  Sometimes hosts can go too far, but I certainly don't think that was the case with Kimmel.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

A normal, fun Kimmel interview. Axl came off well, spoke, gave gifts too. Good stuff. No complaints. The shows are designed for this, not to discuss the Chinese Democracy lack of promotion part. No ones cares. Except us.

Board footer