You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live in London (Airing on Vh1 Classic)

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

It's true.  Livebeats, or whoever made that trailer, could have used some stats and facts to promote what GNR has done the last 4 years or so.  It's not ALL that bad.  BUT, it's nothing compared to the career accomplishments of the brand.  So it makes the most sense business wise.  I doubt anyone from the band (management) was involved the writing or approving of the copy or what songs were used.  Remember, this is a group that allowed AFD T-shirts to be sent out to its fanclub members.  The quality control isn't grade A.

Unless of course you think they're doing these things on purpose.  That would be an entirely different thing.  I don't think that's the case though.

Here's the thing that I think people have a problem with: They are not the most dangerous band in the world.  Even worse, Axl REFUSED to even be inducted to the HoF much less show up, but now he's going to claim the honor when it suits him?  That's not rock n roll, that's bullshit.

I agree, but the issue is with whoever created that trailer. Personally, I don't think it was Axl, Fernando, or anyone associated with the band.

However, as you stated in the Slash boxset thread, if it says GNR on the label, ultimately it falls on them.

I am an equal opportunity basher.  5

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

The WTTJ and "Don't Cry" clips sounded great in the trailer.  I hope this comes out on Blu-ray and not just standard DVD.  This is awesome.  I wonder if he'll touch on this during the Kimmel interview.

Ali

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I am pissed that they never put together a real professional dvd of the Illusion years with the best clips from various shows (overall the Tokyo dvd's suck)...add backstage stuff, etc. That should happen before this in my opinion...whatever. I hardly care anymore. I have my memories and that will have to do.

I want the UYI Documentary to finally be released. And yes, it would be cool to get some professionally released versions of the pro shot shows of the tour.

Sky Dog wrote:
Ali wrote:

The WTTJ and "Don't Cry" clips sounded great in the trailer.  I hope this comes out on Blu-ray and not just standard DVD.  This is awesome.  I wonder if he'll touch on this during the Kimmel interview.

Ali

it would be nice if he coupled it with CD II or even a re-release of Chinese with bonus tracks.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ali

it would be nice if he coupled it with CD II or even a re-release of Chinese with bonus tracks.

That would be great.

I'm getting this no matter what, though.

Ali

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

OMG GNR is in overdrive at the moment, they better be careful they don't wear themselves out with all this promo!

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Nice!!!

-----------------------

@rafaela_GNR: @livebeats The show of Guns N' Roses at 02 Arena, in 29th Oct is it in all world: Brazil, U.S or only Germany ?
Thanks for your attention.

@livebeats: @rafaela_GNR worldwide!

-----------------------

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Well, I'm actually happy with these three bits of good news. Shows in Vegas, New DVD, TV interview. When it doesn't take much to see the negative in shit on a normal day in GNRland, I'm not going out of my way to find anything negative in these things and be happy for what they are. Not to be sappy or anything. These are actually good things to me.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

same here! At least its something. I have no complaints. cool

Board footer