You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Trying something new (updated)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

In all honesty, I don't really like this new layout.
Maybe because I was so used to the other layout, but it's hard to follow posts within each thread now, and clearly see who's posting, as there is no division between where they start and end.

I also preferred how quotes we shown before too.

Mind you, this won't keep me from posting here still... 14

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Will wrote:

Sorry for the downtime. We've updated the forum software and tried to freshen up the site a little. All members should now be able to post again (site unavailable for guests).

Check out the awesome new smileys from Russ axl

Having a very hard time on this new forum using my iPhone. Very hard to do easy things.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^ cuz iPhones are crap 16

J/k but my android on ics is fine
Any specific things we can look at?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

first thing is that i have to turn it sideways to see who posted last, etc.  Also, it won't let me zoom in on the iphone, so its hard to hit the tiny numbers and select what page to go to.  Basically its a major bitch to read and navigate through compared to the old site.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Great job, guys! 5 The new background hurt my eyes first, but I got used to it. Looks cool for me now. I also like the new emoticons.

I have only two complaints (so far 16 ) When I wanna see the New Posts in certain topics, it often directs me way earlier, so I need to scroll a lot (or even turn a page) to really see the new ones.
The second is the same as metallex's.

metallex78 wrote:

it's hard to follow posts within each thread now, and clearly see who's posting, as there is no division between where they start and end.

but thanks for the lot of work and creativity you put into the new lay-out! 21

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

first thing is that i have to turn it sideways to see who posted last, etc.  Also, it won't let me zoom in on the iphone, so its hard to hit the tiny numbers and select what page to go to.  Basically its a major bitch to read and navigate through compared to the old site.

Well the mobile browsers are scaled back from the full site version...all sites are like that....maybe we can look at putting a "full site version" link at the bottom...kinda like eBay or yahoo sports does if u don't like the mobile browser

My android does the same thing u are describing tho, but I don't mind it

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

NEed an APP. that would rule.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
misterID wrote:

Love the new forum! Great job to everyone involved.

Is there going to be a youtube button?...  You know, the kind that Skydog won't be able to figure out how to use?

And D.... ROBIN IN YOUR FACE!!!! 

finck finck robin robin finck finck robin 9

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA  Ill see your finck and raise u dj dj dj dj dj  dj dj dj dj dj

U guys have the "TM" on DJ? hahahahahahaha thats awesome

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Sorry about all these issues everyone. I've spent today rebuilding the skin (from the ground up) and will be pushing it live shortly smile The new version should take care of mobile flickering, easier separation of posts, show new posts link, who's online avatars, redirecting to the wrong post after posting etc.

As the newer version of the skin is more lightweight it should make squishing any other bugs easier.

Board footer