You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Re: Buying a Home!!!

Stacey wrote:

I seriously need to take a tranquilizer with a glass of wine when I get home tonight. I am clenching my jaw so hard my entire face hurts, and I have checked/refreshed my mortgage status webpage and email no less than 1000 times today.
I hate this!

Stacey

Stacey wrote:

Day two of needing low-grade sedatives, lol. I have got to find something to do at work today to keep my focus.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

In my experience (granted it's limited), appraisers aren't looking for reasons to screw you.  Both times I've had them done, the value was more than what we paid.

My best friend is an "appraiser" as well, and I promise you he's just pushing papers...he doesn't care what he appraises it at as long as it looks close to the comps.  I put "appraiser" in quotes because I don't think legally he's an appraiser, but he does the appraisals and the legal guy signs them.  That should give you some insight into how much many places care about appraisals.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

To expand on what buzz said: Early on in the loan process, the lender asks either what the sell price is, or for refi's, what you think the home's value is. I have never had an appraisal that didn't come in at that number. If the bank has decided to proceed with the loan, I think the appraiser is coming to the table with that number in mind. Something would need to be seriously "off" for them to be off that number by too much.

Stacey

Stacey wrote:

Thanks, guys. I'm truly not worried about the dollar amount the appraisal will come in at. As I mentioned before, probably to Cramer, I did a TON of research about sale history and prices and my house is not really much different than the average.
I just need to *know*. I have tried so hard to be patient, and keep a smile on, and just try to relax and wait for it to happen, but this week is extremely hard. I really want to close this week so we can move on Saturday and I can have my six days off to try to get the house together. It's not going to be the end of the world if it is pushed to next weekend, but I'll only have one day in the house before we leave town for three days, and then I start school five days after that.

It'll all be ok. Just getting impatient is all.

Thank you guys for your well wishes and support. I appreciate you smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Stacey

Stacey wrote:

THE APPRAISAL IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT CAME IN OVER THE PURCHASE PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Awesome, congrats!

Stacey

Stacey wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Awesome, congrats!

Thank you! I can breathe now. Holy shit.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer