You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 10/31/2012 - The Joint - Las Vegas, NV

Lomax wrote:

I think the surprise was meant to be the stage and set up as opposed to the set-list. I like the set-list anyway. I don't need deep cuts really.
Great set up. Looks like a good show, whoever took the photos did a great job anyway

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Riad wrote:

I think the surprise was meant to be the stage and set up as opposed to the set-list.

Wrong. They, Tommy and Dizzy talked about their unpredictable setlists and changing a lot, once again.

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/news/2012 … residency/

I'm not surprised they haven't done it. They likely met Axl 20 minutes before the show, and the boss said "same old". I don't think he spent too much time with practicing since Bridge School. After some gigs done Axl will be rehearsed and they'll probably have time and courage to change some.

Sky Dog wrote:

At least they changed cover songs. Don't Let It Bring You Down is a fuckin awesome song. The rest is par for the course.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Thanks for the setlist updates everyone, I've added it to the first post smile Looks like a great stage setup 22

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Riad wrote:

I think the surprise was meant to be the stage and set up as opposed to the set-list.

Wrong. They, Tommy and Dizzy talked about their unpredictable setlists and changing a lot, once again.

I'm not surprised they haven't done it. They likely met Axl 20 minutes before the show, and the boss said "same old". I don't think he spent too much time with practicing since Bridge School. After some gigs done Axl will be rehearsed and they'll probably have time and courage to change some.

I stand corrected.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Riad wrote:

I honestly didn't expect any major shakeups for the first show. "Don't Let It Bring You Down" is different. So if we are going to get technical, that could be considered a "surprise". Yes they did it with Neil at the last show, but still it wasn't an ACDC cover.

I read the "surprise" factor as each show would be a little different. So for me, it's tough to complain until there's a 2nd show to compare it to. I didn't read it as, "this first show will be completely different than has ever been seen". People have different interpretations and expectations I guess.

With all that being said, I still don't expect MAJOR changes nightly. Maybe a few songs here and there, but there's been enough proof that the setlist is what it is at this point. I've learned to not buy into the hype.  If it happens, it happens.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

i think it's just the first show and they wanted to play it safe.
some new addition to the setlist may appear in the future shows, or so i hope.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

He sounds a bit buried in the mix at times, but pretty good overall so far.  Only through the first couple verses so far.

Board footer