You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Hindustan Times Interview With Axl Rose

johndivney wrote:

If you can't google it, it's not real wink

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree

WARose wrote:

well he`s blaming them to be part of the reason of his writers block in the early nineties axlin. i don`t think he`s talking about the years after 1998.

Which still makes no sense. How can Slash & Duff be responsible for Axl's writing block in the late 90's? If anything they'd fuel it. When you're a singer/songwriter, you as an artist should have your own inspirations. How is it your guitarist and bassist's fault you as an artist can do your own fucking shit?

That's like Jerry Cantrell going, "I can't write anything, because Layne's off doing an 8-ball somewhere".

I mean what the fuck is Axl even talking about? You've got a piano, two hands, and a brain -- go to work. You're supposed to be an artist. Trent Reznor does it.

RussTCB wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Axl. & management. & any band member who has alluded to new material/the vault.

I don't mean they do it maliciously but they have lied about it.

I'm not saying it to be negative I'm saying it simply from looking at the evidence. The evidence contradicts their 2000 good intentions when they talk about new material. There is nothing & no sign of anything but some of them say there is. Y'know? :confused:

I get what you're saying. I do believe there's a good amount of material in the vaults so I don't think Axl and/or band members are lying when they say that. I think the quality of what's in there is the biggest point of debate.

So you think Axl has totally complete demos, with vocals and lyrics sitting in the vault waiting to be process in post-production and dropped on an album?

I don't think so. And the more time that has went by, the more I think that.

Your next response...

"But wait, i've heard leaked songs with vocals"

Artists/bands/vocalists all the time will record songs with guide vocals, and nothing else. Just because Axl has a leaked song with "Blood in the water... oooh yeah.... Blood in the water... ahh yeah" -- doesn't mean shit. It could just be some base track that Pitman worked up, and Axl tried to see what chorus/melody worked with it, because he got an idea in his head on a Saturday night.

Now that's just pure speculation on my part. You could be equally right that it might be a finished song, and there are others.

I think Axl might have alot of seperate guitar parts, bass parts, drum machine pieces, and instrumental stuff in demo form scattered around his house/studio... but finished songs with lyrics & melodies written, and his actual voice on the finished piece -- I doubt.

Otherwise, why'd Chinese I take so long, per Axl's own admission and pretty much scattered band members over the years that pointed the finger at Axl?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ I sort of half agree.

I get the impression that lyrics is often the last part of things, and that most of the chinese session were about finding sounds, working out melodies and so on. So I'm sure there would be a ton of instrumentalist type melodies lying around.

Then again...the vocals on CD were not drastically altered from the 99 leaks....so there's a fair chance that stuff like "Blood in the Water" and "Jackie Chan" and that kinda thing is pretty much done subject to small changes - like a new guitar solo or adding in a couple of different drum loops or something.

Also remember DJ tells that story of Axl busting out a song he was "tinkering around in his head with" on a hotel piano and it was bad ass....so I don't think he's got like CDs of finished songs lying around...but I do think there's a lot of things that could be developed...and Axl is a master at making the most of a small melody or something....

I think you've made some good points that a lot of Axl's best work has come out of personal angst and so that means inspiration may come and go when he's more content.

But then again...i strongly believe he could come out with more amazing music....

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I believe that as well. He's just not using his song writer strengths at all.  He has this band that wants to record all the time and is ready to take time away from home to hit the button and play something. And then try to turn it into a song and help write. Yet they still put up with playing songs they didn't write on tour as well. I wish he would stop wasting their talents.  I know they can make a great GNR album if you just commit to studio time. I know you still got some good songs in your head Mr. Rose.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I agree

WARose wrote:

well he`s blaming them to be part of the reason of his writers block in the early nineties axlin. i don`t think he`s talking about the years after 1998.

Which still makes no sense. How can Slash & Duff be responsible for Axl's writing block in the late 90's? If anything they'd fuel it. When you're a singer/songwriter, you as an artist should have your own inspirations. How is it your guitarist and bassist's fault you as an artist can do your own fucking shit?

That's like Jerry Cantrell going, "I can't write anything, because Layne's off doing an 8-ball somewhere".

I mean what the fuck is Axl even talking about? You've got a piano, two hands, and a brain -- go to work. You're supposed to be an artist. Trent Reznor does it.

His point was that he was so distraught by how Duff and Slash had treated him or what they said about him that his confidence was shattered to the point he could not create new music, or at least had major difficulties in doing so. 

Not saying it's right, but that seemed to be what he was getting at.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I can see that being the case.

Doesn't mean it's necessarily Slash and Duff's fault...if they had to go they had to go....but I don't find it hard to believe that Axl is haunted by memories of past disagreements, questions his own decisions, and varying levels of self confidence about his talent and the size of the task of recreating GNR.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I can see that being the case.

Doesn't mean it's necessarily Slash and Duff's fault...if they had to go they had to go....but I don't find it hard to believe that Axl is haunted by memories of past disagreements, questions his own decisions, and varying levels of self confidence about his talent and the size of the task of recreating GNR.

Yeah, I honestly don't think Axl wanted things to unfold the way they did.  And when it happened, he didn't know what the hell to do.  He felt abandoned, hurt, etc.  All the while nobody felt any sympathy for him and in turn blamed him for everything that happen.  That will make a man feel jaded.

Again, I'm not saying he's RIGHT, but I believe that's where he's coming from.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Plus I've never met the guy, but it sure seems like he's always had a tendency towards deep analysis of things and extensive considering of the past and his relationships with people and so on.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if on some level he's very upset about how everything has turned out and at times it inhibits him from working at his best.

I just hope he can get back to writing. Stuff like madagascar is amazing to me.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

I think Axl needs to put the Guns N'Roses band name to bed and move forward with a different identity for his music. I am wanting him to release new music, but he is wasting his life away coping with the pressures of maintaining the GN'R name.

I was going to start up my website again for a year for the next new album and have a bit of fun again, but I just cannot bring myself to do it. I also feel sorry for the band members who think a new album is going to happen anytime soon.

johndivney wrote:

do any of them really think that?

if they are, they're p stupid.

i don't feel sorry for them. it seems to me they all know the score & are happy to have the paycheck. when it actually arrives of course. they've got some form of financial security w/o having to work a proper job, or even create anything for that matter. feel sorry for them? i envy them ffs! they're lucky fuckers. the only problems are they sometimes have to live on axl time & maybe have to pass team brasil in the hallway backstage & exchange awkward stop & chats or not even depending on how pissy beta is feeling or how cunty fernando is being. they've got it p sweet.

Board footer