You are not logged in. Please register or login.

1980Invasion
 Rep: 0 

Re: Guns N' Roses to come to Australia in March 2013

1980Invasion wrote:

Wait Wait   what is this "axl was looking at him ....WAITING etc?"    of which you speak? Axl ........waiting? for someone?   I love that guy,but Axl waiting for someone.That doesnt suck either.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Thought I would post some thoughts about last night. They started very early which was good around 8:40pm. It did seem a shorter set compared to recent gigs.

Regarding Axls voice, it's definitely not as strong as it was say in 2010 when they were here. The few times when he sings/growls in his low voice still sounds good but I'm guessing he can't do it all the time these days. He seems to sing in that slightly higher register most of the time. Live still sounds ok, I guess coz it's just mixed in with a wall of sound with everything else, but his vocal limitations are still noticeable.

I chatted to another forum member afterwards who went to the meet and greet which was an extra $180 odd dollars (my GA ticket was $109) and there was apparently only 2 band members there, Ron and I think he said DJ. That's a fucken joke.

The highlight of the night for me was some hot 18-20 year old chick coming and standing next to me and trying very hard to pick me up during the show. In my non married days it would have been game on wink

One other point I noticed, Ron looks really really thin! I hope he's ok!

Aussie

Aussie wrote:
1980Invasion wrote:

Wait Wait   what is this "axl was looking at him ....WAITING etc?"    of which you speak? Axl ........waiting? for someone?   I love that guy,but Axl waiting for someone.That doesnt suck either.

Lol, that's probably why Richard busted out the opening of UTLH, so Axl didn't flip his lid.

1980Invasion

1980Invasion wrote:

So,they didnt pull out all  the stops and rip that one up? Just strummed a few bars?

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

They  played the whole song.

1980Invasion

1980Invasion wrote:

Thanks for putting up with my inquisition.Greatly appreciated.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Here is the fuck up bit after RQ, he starts singing TIL but Dizzy doesn't play.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Seems like an engineering fuck up...like Dizzy was playing but it wasn't properly amplified.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Not to be negative but $180 for a meet and greet where only 2 members show up is a bit rough.

Last tour i met everyone except Axl, Frank and Richard - (frank had to go to a doctor and richard went with him) - so I was kinda hoping this tour meets and greets would be full band (except axl - I'd love to meet Axl but I know he doesn't do such things) as I really would like to meet Richard and Frank.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

180 for two guys is horseshit for sure.

Board footer