You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Elementary School Shooting in US

Neemo wrote:

I never said u were idiotic, and never said what's best for u

I'm using what's best for me as an example, but u guys skip all that and get all defensive, it  makes it near impossible to discuss this topic

Do u or Mr ID have kids? I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to never see mine again, there is nothing more precious than children, and 20 some families have lost theirs forever because of your rights to bear arms....think about it.....in the 1800s in a frontier society yea I can see that....in today's day and age not so much

But like I said I have my opinions and u have urs, and mine don't mean shit in this debate, cuz like u said I'm not American, the USA will figure it out ... they always do and whatever happens I'm sure will be what's best for your country

And u saying we know nothing is insulting in turn to us, so I guess we are even, I bet I know more of your culture than u know of mine though wink

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I never said u were idiotic, and never said what's best for u

I'm using what's best for me as an example, but u guys skip all that and get all defensive, it  makes it near impossible to discuss this topic

Do u or Mr ID have kids? I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to never see mine again, there is nothing more precious than children, and 20 some families have lost theirs forever because of your rights to bear arms....think about it.....in the 1800s in a frontier society yea I can see that....in today's day and age not so much

But like I said I have my opinions and u have urs, and mine don't mean shit in this debate, cuz like u said I'm not American, the USA will figure it out ... they always do and whatever happens I'm sure will be what's best for your country

And u saying we know nothing is insulting in turn to us, so I guess we are even, I bet I know more of your culture than u know of mine though wink

Do you know how likely you are to get killed in a mass shooting here in the US?  Your kids are more likely to get killed by mother nature.  Should we outlaw weather too?

You guys really have to stop watching tv and the news and thinking it is an accurate reflection of life in the US.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

But anyone that has been reading this thread can't say there haven't been insults flung out there, and most of them aimed at the US and anyone supporting the idea that we should have the right to decide our own rules and/or things that work other places don't work here

The only thing I have seen is what seems to work in other countries regarding gun laws u don't know that they don't work in America cuz they haven't been tried...I don't understand why this is insulting if your aren't a gun advocate and don't own a gun as u have stated numerous times, I've also stated several times that the USA is gonna have to make the tough decisions not the rest of the world

U act like this thread is determining the fate of the world, its just a discussion on people's varying opinions from what I can see, u are the one getting all offended and bent out of shape over a discussion not me, u could also try and explain US gun culture too instead of saying, "that's just how it is"

If it bugs u that much buzz I can just lock it, say the word and consider it done

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Do you know how likely you are to get killed in a mass shooting here in the US?  Your kids are more likely to get killed by mother nature.  Should we outlaw weather too?

You guys really have to stop watching tv and the news and thinking it is an accurate reflection of life in the US.

The odds of mass shootings are more common than I care to risk with my kids lives, and I don't watch the news except to see traffic and weather conditions

Also given my choices I wouldn't live in a high risk natural disaster area either

I consider US media to be little more than fear mongering and ambulance chasing, especially CNN

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

And weather is out of anyone's control.....nutcases with automatic rifles? That should be controlable

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

And u saying we know nothing is insulting in turn to us, so I guess we are even, I bet I know more of your culture than u know of mine though

I second that.

And an epic LOL to the weather argument.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

And weather is out of anyone's control.....nutcases with automatic rifles? That should be controlable

It's not though.  How are you going to control the nutcase?  Forget about whatever weapon the nutcase chooses...how are you going to control the nutcase?  Because the nutcase is still going to be able to get an automatic rifle/handgun to commit the crime, so you have to eliminate that from the equation.  If not, he'll build a pipe bomb or some other way of killing people.  So again I ask how are you going to control the nutcase?

No need to lock this for me.  I don't mind the insults as long as you're trying to have a discussion about it; it's the one person not attempting to have a discussion that bothers me, but not enough to lock the thread.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

But anyone that has been reading this thread can't say there haven't been insults flung out there, and most of them aimed at the US and anyone supporting the idea that we should have the right to decide our own rules and/or things that work other places don't work here

The only thing I have seen is what seems to work in other countries regarding gun laws u don't know that they don't work in America cuz they haven't been tried...I don't understand why this is insulting if your aren't a gun advocate and don't own a gun as u have stated numerous times, I've also stated several times that the USA is gonna have to make the tough decisions not the rest of the world

U act like this thread is determining the fate of the world, its just a discussion on people's varying opinions from what I can see, u are the one getting all offended and bent out of shape over a discussion not me, u could also try and explain US gun culture too instead of saying, "that's just how it is"

If it bugs u that much buzz I can just lock it, say the word and consider it done

There was a ban on assault weapons recently - for 10 years.  It accomplished nothing.  Nothing, so it was allowed to expire.  The guns are out there already.  Banning them doesn't take them off the street. 

What's insulting is this insistance that something that can't work will work.  No, it won't.  And we've told you guys why a million times and you're still saying it will work.  It's not like we're just saying no and that's it.  We're saying no and telling you exactly why it won't work.  Nobody ever refutes the reason (because it can't be refuted), but they always come back to but it worked (insert place here).

Maybe, just maybe in 100 years or so there would be an impact if guns were banned today (forget about the fact that can't happen even if 100% of the country supported it).  What's going to happen over that 100 years is that the criminals will still have their guns and gradually the rest of us won't.  I don't fear anything right now, but I do fear that if it were to ever happen.  That is the kind of thing that would have even me out there buying a gun and as much ammo as I could get.

Just for full disclosure, there will probably never be a gun ban in the US. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_Fi … nstitution

It's wiki and may not be 100% accurate, but it makes the point pretty clear.  Right now the constitution allows citizens the right to own guns.  In order to change that, it would take a small miracle.  So again, you have to dismiss the idea of banning guns because it isn't going to happen.  So the key now becomes how do we work with what we have to make it better? 

I'm still waiting for a viable solution to this that will actually have meaningful impact.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:

And u saying we know nothing is insulting in turn to us, so I guess we are even, I bet I know more of your culture than u know of mine though

I second that.

And an epic LOL to the weather argument.

It was not an argument; it was a ridiculous point to show how ridiculous the other point was.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Well the biggest first steps would be adequate funding, manpower and a will to enforce getting unregistered weapons and semi/auto weapons off the streets

Board footer