You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Elementary School Shooting in US

DCK wrote:

No bans man. It's not about banning. It's about control.

Considering fertizilers, which Breivik used in Norway, the gov was quick to close that loophole. That was control. We didn't ban fertilizers, we made it harder to access.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
DCK wrote:

Fact is no matter how you spin it, you and your loved ones are much more likely to be gunned down than am I.

I'm not spinning anything. What have I said that was untrue? Create all the strict gun laws you want, ban them... Your stats on violent crime would stay the same. Only the accidential shootings would go down.

DCK

DCK wrote:
misterID wrote:
DCK wrote:

Fact is no matter how you spin it, you and your loved ones are much more likely to be gunned down than am I.

I'm not spinning anything. What have I said that was untrue? Create all the strict gun laws you want, ban them... Your stats on violent crime would stay the same. Only the accidential shootings would go down.

Europes stats on murders by guns are in a different league than your own. We have them in hundreds, you have them in thousands.

misterID

misterID wrote:
DCK wrote:

No bans man. It's not about banning. It's about control.

Considering fertizilers, which Breivik used in Norway, the gov was quick to close that loophole. That was control. We didn't ban fertilizers, we made it harder to access.

We made it harder to buy sudafed because it's the leading ingredient for meth. It has done nothing to stop the growing meth problem.

And comparing our countries is like apples and oranges. Just in the size and scope, you can't compare it. We have strict laws on such things to, it's still not hard to obtain them. I'm pro gun control, but I know how little it will do.

I have no clue why in each of your posts you haven't said one thing about the people who commit these crimes and what should be done to help stop them before something like this happens.

misterID

misterID wrote:
DCK wrote:
misterID wrote:
DCK wrote:

Europes stats on murders by guns are in a different league than your own. We have them in hundreds, you have them in thousands.

Again, all about the guns nothing about the perps.

And I've already answered this about high crime cities in America and what can lower it. The city where this shooting happened only had one murder in a decade. There's a lot of places like that in this country with the same access to guns as everywhere else. You really need to get a better understanding of America before making broad generalizations about what its problems are.

DCK

DCK wrote:
misterID wrote:
DCK wrote:
misterID wrote:

Again, all about the guns nothing about the perps.

And I've already answered this about high crime cities in America and what can lower it. The city where this shooting happened only had one murder in a decade. There's a lot of places like that in this country with the same access to guns as everywhere else. You really need to get a better understanding of America before making broad generalizations about what its problems are.

Easy access to guns.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Cop out.

DCK

DCK wrote:

big_smile

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Stop talking about booze as though it's a relevant comparison. Booze was not invented with the purpose of killing a  human being in mind. Neither were cars.

misterID

misterID wrote:

No, I wont stop. They both do kill people. That is a fact. And the reason for the deaths they cause are the people using them. People abuse them both. They both lead to bad things. If they're both used responsibly nothing bad will happen with them, even though they are both dangerous and do kill people. One was invented for fun ( I really have no idea what the purpose for inventing alcohol was, tbh, except to act stupid), the other for protection. The difference is, you like one over the other.

Board footer