You are not logged in. Please register or login.

stewharkness
 Rep: 2 

Re: Guns N' Roses Australian Tour 2013

stewharkness wrote:

Hey, I'm new to this forum. Just wanted to know if anyone knows why the Use Your Illusion material has been ignored for so long.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Because he didn't have too...  Then Slash starts playing Old GNR shit so Axl had to start playing other GNR stuff too.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I used to think he was saving the UYI stuff as a bit of an ace up the sleeve in the event of a reunion.  Obviously that ain't happening so I don't know.

Maybe the UYI stuff is more challenging vocally for him.  I have heard Slash respond when asked about playing more UYI stuff that he wouldn't inflict learning all the lyrics onto Myles.  Some of those songs like Locomotive are chock full of lyrics.  Similarly maybe Axl finds getting all the lyrics to a song like that or Coma difficult these days.

Or maybe Axl just doesn't like those songs as much.  I thought I read once where he said words to the effect that those songs bring back bad memories for him.

johndivney wrote:

or maybe he just doesn't give a shit?

he gets by w/what he does & is too lazy to do anything more.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Without getting into sides, they've also implied Slash should have left GNR after appetite, and published a review on the official site at one stage that said those records were ruined.

It makes me wonder if Axl himself feels distanced/dissatisfied with the work from that period. Or perhaps as Aussie said...the UYI tour was a tough heartbreaking time for him and he doesn't care to relive it by focusing on songs he wrote in that period.

I also agree with Russ that it seems that the re-introduction of a lot of songs has come from Ron, or someone at least reading the forums - as it does seem to specifically address songs that fans often requested.

Myself I listened again to Axl's live version of "Sailing" from 2006...the high parts are almost religious to me....can only pray there's a studio cut of that in a vault someplace.

stewharkness
 Rep: 2 

stewharkness wrote:

I just think it's weird. I would've thought that Axl personally would've got bored playing such an identical setlist for so long. I'm definitely going to see them in Sydney, but I'm a little bit disappointed that the setlist is going to be so similar.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I wonder when tickets actually go on sale for this. There's still no official info on ticketek.com where tickets are supposedly going on sale from...

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
stewharkness wrote:

I just think it's weird. I would've thought that Axl personally would've got bored playing such an identical setlist for so long. I'm definitely going to see them in Sydney, but I'm a little bit disappointed that the setlist is going to be so similar.

Welcome to the forum mate need some more aussies 22

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I wonder when tickets actually go on sale for this. There's still no official info on ticketek.com where tickets are supposedly going on sale from...

Who cares not going to adelaide 4

Board footer