You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Skwerl's post on MyGNR regarding his leak and his source

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Axl would turn on Beta in a heartbeat if she tried pulling a reunion card. Guaranteed. And I think they know that, too.

There is no balance of power, really. Axl has made it pretty clear what Slash has to do to open any line of communication. The ball has always been in Slash's court.

And no, Axl isn't reuniting anytime soon. And if he does, it won't be in the way anyone here likes.

I don't think so.  I think you give Axl way more power over his life than he really has.  Axl is your typical portray one image (strength) while being completely the opposite in reality.  The guy's world fell apart in the early to mid 90s and it took him 10+ years to get over it enough to be even remotely productive and what he did was done half-assed.  That isn't a pillar of strength.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
-D- wrote:

Maybe they owe label one last record.. so they do one album and then axl drops label and reunites thus getting new labels in a bidding war

No way the label drops a record releasing him from his contract when they know the only real money left in Axl is the reunion.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

Maybe they owe label one last record.. so they do one album and then axl drops label and reunites thus getting new labels in a bidding war

No, that's not how it works. He's on a label that would be more than happy with a reunion and pay him what he wants and his contract is probably a mess, considering this is GN'R and everything else is a mess.

misterID

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Axl would turn on Beta in a heartbeat if she tried pulling a reunion card. Guaranteed. And I think they know that, too.

There is no balance of power, really. Axl has made it pretty clear what Slash has to do to open any line of communication. The ball has always been in Slash's court.

And no, Axl isn't reuniting anytime soon. And if he does, it won't be in the way anyone here likes.

I don't think so.  I think you give Axl way more power over his life than he really has.  Axl is your typical portray one image (strength) while being completely the opposite in reality.  The guy's world fell apart in the early to mid 90s and it took him 10+ years to get over it enough to be even remotely productive and what he did was done half-assed.  That isn't a pillar of strength.

That's not what I'm saying. He has everything he wants now and has no drive or ambition to get "his" music and band out there. This is what he thinks about his career presently, and he has all the say, all the power. What would happen if you had the old guys, with their own managers and their own nosey wives involved? A clusterfuck. I don't see Axl being willing to do that unless it was all on his terms and they operated the way the new band does now. Not going to happen. Axl is stubborn and holds a grudge and will spite himself to death before he gives in.

HE DOES NOT CARE.

If a reunion could happen it would've happened.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Since Slash is going to play for about the same crowd here in Budapest than Axl and his band did 7 years, I see absolutely not much interest for Slash to go back playing as an employee of a psycho frontman who can't sing anymore, when he can captain a ship of the similiar size.

We fans like to see our idols as they once were. Then we're shocked seeing new footage and some are looking for excuses. Face it, this is the Axl Rose of today, and this is the Axl Rose of the last 15 years, minus the year 2006. Universal always met this bloated, out-of-shape Axl Rose, or an even worse, hysterical bloated out-of-shape, out-of-mind Axl Rose. He's a has-been. Sorry to say it, but he is. Never thought this day would come. Didn't realize this when happened, a long time ago.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Hey otto, very cool of you to post that stuff about what you heard. Any idea of the names of the tracks you partially heard?

I wonder if these tracks will ever leak? My gut tells me no. By the sounds of the other stuff otto heard these tracks have been in the hands of various people for quite some time now. No reason to think they're suddenly goin to leak now....unfortunately

misterID

misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Since Slash is going to play for about the same crowd here in Budapest than Axl and his band did 7 years, I see absolutely not much interest for Slash to go back playing as an employee of a psycho frontman who can't sing anymore, when he can captain a ship of the similiar size.

We fans like to see our idols as they once were. Then we're shocked seeing new footage and some are looking for excuses. Face it, this is the Axl Rose of today, and this is the Axl Rose of the last 15 years, minus the year 2006. Universal always met this bloated, out-of-shape Axl Rose, or an even worse, hysterical bloated out-of-shape, out-of-mind Axl Rose. He's a has-been. Sorry to say it, but he is. Never thought this day would come. Didn't realize this when happened, a long time ago.

You've been saying this exact same thing for Y-E-A-RS. 16

And Slash is playing with a skinny, sane front man who never could sing tongue

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Only difference between Myles and Axl these days, is that Axl sings pitchy out of key, and Myles sings pitchy IN key.

Axl has no rasp like he once did, and Myles never sang with rasp, but always sings in key.

misterID

misterID wrote:

And that key myles sings in is called terrible.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

Hey otto, very cool of you to post that stuff about what you heard. Any idea of the names of the tracks you partially heard?

I wonder if these tracks will ever leak? My gut tells me no. By the sounds of the other stuff otto heard these tracks have been in the hands of various people for quite some time now. No reason to think they're suddenly goin to leak now....unfortunately

First off, I see no reason why Otto would lie, so I choose to believe him.  I mean, what does he have to gain really?  He isn't claiming to HAVE the songs.  I guess you could argue he knows someone who does, so he could use that to his advantage if he wanted to get involved with any hoarders that are still laying in the weeds.  But, he's been pretty consistent over the years, as opposed to the other fake insiders.  So I trust him.

One thing I've wondered though.  What's the big deal about not wanting to share lyrics from the unheard songs?  I wondered that when Halo was going on and on about it on HTGTH, dangling it out there like he had some major prize.  Maybe I'm in the minority, but lyrics to a song I've never heard or can't even imagine what it sounds like, doesn't do a whole lot for me.  So why is it a no no to post these lyrics?

Board footer