You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Guns N' Roses Vs Led Zeppelin

monkeychow wrote:

Also - I'm not saying Jimmy doesn't play with emotion in his solos - just that Slash plays with more.

Jimmy is great. Slash is better.

But it's all taste I guess.

Which band is better?

Guns N' Roses 54%
Led Zeppelin 46%
Total votes: 24
tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I don't think anyone has said they don't care for Page, aside from maybe D saying he's not a LZ fan.
I think Jimmy Page is great, I just happen to think Slash is better, because I rank his technical ability and style over Page's.

Oh, and by the way, Celebration Day is fucking epic. I hope original GN'R can get it together one day and put on a show half as good as that when they're that age.

They won't be able to because Axl has slipped a lot more from his prime than Plant. RP accepted the fact that he couldn't sing like when he was 25 and stopped trying. Axl still hasn't accepted this and instead embarrasses himself with bizarre Mickey Mouse covers of his own work.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I liked that Celebration Day blu ray but i think page was the weak link fairly sloppy 21 21 21

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

I liked that Celebration Day blu ray but i think page was the week link fairly sloppy

He still plays pretty well though for his age. Keith Richards is the one that really needs to sit down. Remember that recent Super Bowl performance where you couldn't even tell he was playing the riff for Start Me Up? Really sad to watch.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

I liked that Celebration Day blu ray but i think page was the week link fairly sloppy

He still plays pretty well though for his age. Keith Richards is the one that really needs to sit down. Remember that recent Super Bowl performance where you couldn't even tell he was playing the riff for Start Me Up? Really sad to watch.

Yeah right didnt see it .I thought plant did a great job on that blu ray for 64 better then axl at 50

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Gibbo wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

Yeah right didnt see it .I thought plant did a great job on that blu ray for 64 better then axl at 50

No doubt. Axl at 50 is just sad to watch. Really, really fucking sad to watch. Especially when you go back and watch the old days on YouTube. There was a time when he could come out there and embarrass Mick Jagger on his own song, blow Tom Petty off the stage on his own song. Nowadays? Petty is definitely better and Jagger certainly isn't any worse than Axl (which is a huge criticism of Axl considering Jagger is a dinosaur).

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Gibbo wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

No doubt. Axl at 50 is just sad to watch. Really, really fucking sad to watch. Especially when you go back and watch the old days on YouTube. There was a time when he could come out there and embarrass Mick Jagger on his own song, blow Tom Petty off the stage on his own song. Nowadays? Petty is definitely better and Jagger certainly isn't any worse than Axl (which is a huge criticism of Axl considering Jagger is a dinosaur).

Yep iv got all the old shows watch them most weekends . Check out my channel http://www.youtube.com/user/GIbbo288?feature=mhee 22

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I don't think anyone has said they don't care for Page, aside from maybe D saying he's not a LZ fan.
I think Jimmy Page is great, I just happen to think Slash is better, because I rank his technical ability and style over Page's.

Oh, and by the way, Celebration Day is fucking epic. I hope original GN'R can get it together one day and put on a show half as good as that when they're that age.

Im not a Zep fan but still recognize the band's genius.   Page has some amazing riffs solos just i prefer Slash

ud have to be retarded to say he sucks.

Black Dog riff alone

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I don't think it's a tie on guitar...Slash is a much better guitarist than Jimmy Page.

Please... madagas declared that I'm the biggest fanboy on this board, but even I don't believe that Slash would be better than Page. Page wins, sorry. Slash grew a lot as a player in the recent years, but Jimmy was an innovator, while Slash was only the leader of a renessaince. Maybe Slash's solos are better, but Page's strange chords, original chord progressions and appreggios beat the shit out of GN'R's. Slash needs a second guitar player. Jimmy doesn't. As a fanboy I'd place Slash higher than even Jimi Hendrix, but Page? No.

On the other hand Plant beats Axl. JPJ beats Duff. Bonzo beats Steven and Matt combined. Led Zeppelin had the better musicians.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:
misterID wrote:

I know this is all a matter of taste, but Slash couldn't carry Jimmy Page's guitar strap and he'd probably agree with that.

And I love Duff, but John Paul Jones is a beast. Them Crooked Vultures is probably better than everything Duff has released post GN'R combined.

This Slash can`t carry Jimmy`s bag of broken strings GNR fanboys never cease to amaze me

Board footer