You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Dropping the Needle Podcast with Alan Niven

faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Faldor,
what wrongdoings have you identified that he did?
Axl's are well documented.
Plus, how can you say that he should let it go if this his first in dept interview on this in years, an interview that was not his idea?
Also, how is it one sided? I posted quotes from Izzy and Slash  that both said he was unfairly treated and they felt bad.
I don't get your position, the facts don't sem to support it.

His telling of the story, and his side of things isn't what I have a problem with.  It's his "answering" criticisms from the fans.  Just like when Axl comes out and unleashes on "Madison" or something like that.  Not really needed.

I just don't see much difference between what he said, and more importantly HOW he said it, then when Axl goes off on people 21

Plus, Alan Niven has been giving interviews over the last few years about Axl.  I haven't read/watched them all, but Aussie has posted them.  He's talked about other things as well, but this isn't the FIRST time he's talked about Axl.  It seems to be a popular topic for him, and rightfully so.  Maybe he's looking for a reaction?  Well he got one from the fans this time, and he chose to fight back.  So again.

Just let it go.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
misterID wrote:

And what gets me, going off the last page, is that Izzy seems to be the cool, genuine, unmaterialistic rock dude to some of you guys until it doesn't suit you. Now he's Axl's employee, they don't hang... Today anyway. Tomorrow maybe he'll be something else.

I don't know why this guys' word has to be gospel. Axl's isn't. Slash's isn't. Alan, from how he's presented himself, definitely doesn't give me a whole lot of faith that he's completely unbiased.

My main problem with Axl is that he alludes to everything that he considers he's been wronged and never explains it. Like he's aiming it at Slash and saying, "He knows exactly what he did. And he has to step up and admit it." That shit drives me crazy.

My position on Izzy has been consistent, I.e. dick move on not showing up to the RNRHOF in light of him playing a wedding. The story about him trying to convince Axl to attend only just arrived and in light of that, plus the fact that he publically stated that a "reunion" to him can only be the original five made his actions a little more understandable. Bottom line though, it seems money is now the primary driver, no shame in that your legacy won't pay the bills. Still think weddings above old friends is a mistake.

Totall agree with your point on the Axl's answers.. Call people out straight, supply evidence and who can argue? The "he knows what he did" shit doesn't wash.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
faldor wrote:

I just don't see much difference between what he said, and more importantly HOW he said it, then when Axl goes off on people.

Really? Niven was slower than treacle but I didn't need a degree in cryptology to understand hs point.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:
faldor wrote:

I just don't see much difference between what he said, and more importantly HOW he said it, then when Axl goes off on people.

Really? Niven was slower than treacle but I didn't need a degree in cryptology to understand hs point.

The tone of both is quite comparable.  Both seem pretty angry to me, and desperate to get THEIR points across.  Whether one is easier to understand or not is besides the point and a different discussion altogether.  That isn't what I was getting at.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I guess you guys just don't have a high opinion on Izzy 16

But yeah, the dude is angry. The way they put themselves out there, it feels bitter and resentful. That note to the fans was bascially Alan's letter to madison.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe somebody not named Slash, Izzy, Duff, or Adler wanted to call Axl out on the bullshit he has been saying for 20+ years?????

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

And maybe he isn't exactly unbiased, either?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe. But why all lie about how it was?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Other than Axl, who has gone on record in his defense?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Other than Axl, who has gone on record in his defense?

It's obvious that none of the bad cops would defend Serpico! 16

Board footer