You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Ron shares GNR Tid bits while on a live stream

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
-D- wrote:

Record label

I think its clear cut easy to understand

Unless axl takes a massive cut in his contract or reunites, label isn't gonna touch it

I still do think that if he wasn't such a pain in the ass and the material would be good enough, then it'd be released. Why would the label wait forever for a reunion (that may never happen and the chance for a new album by them is even worse) if they had gold in their hands?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Cause Axl got a massive contract large in part to what he did with the old band..... Back in a time where bands sold tens of millions of records

labels can't honor those contracts anymore cause they go bankrupt.

I remember Motley saying how they'd get 8 million everytime they decided to do an album.......... U can imagine how much Axl would command.... So if its in the contract, label must honor that..... So they just decide to not "want" an album.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I've been saying that for years...their only gold mine is the reunion album (not that I expect it to happen) and there's no way they are going to let him release another CD mess when the record company knows they will lose their ass on it.  It would have to be a phenominal album for them to release it and I don't think the record company will see anything from Axl as being that good.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
-D- wrote:

Cause Axl got a massive contract large in part to what he did with the old band..... Back in a time where bands sold tens of millions of records

labels can't honor those contracts anymore cause they go bankrupt.

I remember Motley saying how they'd get 8 million everytime they decided to do an album.......... U can imagine how much Axl would command.... So if its in the contract, label must honor that..... So they just decide to not "want" an album.

Do we know the exact figures? I think we can only guess. However if it's really that situation, then Axl should ease on it, demand less and get the chance of materializing "his vision" in exhange. Although knowing Axl's history, it's very likely that he thinks he deserves all the money on Earth (and a little bit more) for his art and he wouldn't settle for less that's written in the contract. In this case he has nobody else to blame, but himself for being struck. He would find others, though.

Anyway, since Metallica and AC/DC can still sell shitload of albums, I think the GN'R brand could do the same, with whatever line-up, if the music is great. Of course, UYI leftovers without Slash's touch and Shacklers will not convince the label to release it.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Slightly coincidental that Fortus and BBF have both mentioned new songs (specifically 'the General') in the last few days?

I agree.

When this year began, I had a feeling they'd be touring the US along with these filmed concert releases. Although nothing's been announced yet outside of the festival dates, I really think that US tour will still happen.

Anyways- I was also thinking that there were/are planning to drop another record during the second half of the year. I have no facts to base that on, but I'm wondering if bumblefoot and fortus are dropping those song names again to start to prep word of a single.

Seems like the logical choice if it ever does come to fruition. If they do another U.S. tour, I'll be happy cause I haven't seen them live in person yet. So it will be a joy for me and some of my friends that want to join me.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Completely agree with Ron that THIS BAND needs to make a record. If not this band than the old band, but certainly not regurgitated CD sessions.

My personal fanboy dream, a 3-CD deluxe edition that features, CD1: all-new original album, CD2: CD lost demos, CD3: Live Classics, with the current band and their best live performances of the old catalog.

It'd be a great way to bury the CD period and MOVE ON, but at the same time it'd be a fresh re-birth for this band acknowledging the past, but not insulting it with new studio re-records, and at the same time their own all new material.

Boom, fresh start. I actually wouldn't be opposed to just self-titling the record "GUNS N' ROSES"

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I'm all for that.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

At this point, I'll take ANY  new music, even if it's GN'R doing the theme from Barney the Dinosaur.

I've always loved Ron, and am glad he's still in the band, but he's starting to repeat himself now.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think the label stuff comes down to Axl wanting them to fund the recording with the new line up and they aren't doing it. He says the label stuff has to be fixed before he's in the right headspace to write new music.

Why not make it a double album? I'm sure they have enough stuff right now to only require like 10 new songs to pick and choose from added with the rest of the CD sessions. Sounds good to me. At this point, I'd take whatever I can get.

monkeychow wrote:

Interesting that blood in the water is musically fake but real vocals.

Have to give props to MSL who said this a long time ago.

Board footer