You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETA!!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOx

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

NoKnownName wrote:

Thanks for all your hard work Beta! You help make GNR's world go round! And by that, I mean going round in a circle, ending exactly where we began- constant touring and no album on the horizon! Thank you for not bothering to try to convince Axl to actually work on an album.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Today is her birthday. So what? Is it a good opportunity to bash her? Sorry, but it just isn't right, even if it was supposed to be a parody of other sites.

Sorry.

We bash Axl for many reasons, most of them valid from a public perspective.
Axl runs GNR, he gets the blame every time GNR blow something up in public.

Beta storms in, steers the HTGTH attitude to worship.
Jarmo runs HTGTH, so Jarmo gets the bashing for it.

Beta has a public event (annually, the only personal one we know of).
We bash the public figure of Beta Lebeis for Team Brazil.

It's not supposed to be taken personally as Beta, but professionally as Beta Lebeis of Team Brazil. You get the distinction?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Today is her birthday. So what? Is it a good opportunity to bash her? Sorry, but it just isn't right, even if it was supposed to be a parody of other sites.

Sorry.

We bash Axl for many reasons, most of them valid from a public perspective.
Axl runs GNR, he gets the blame every time GNR blow something up in public.

Beta storms in, steers the HTGTH attitude to worship.
Jarmo runs HTGTH, so Jarmo gets the bashing for it.

Beta has a public event (annually, the only personal one we know of).
We bash the public figure of Beta Lebeis for Team Brazil.

It's not supposed to be taken personally as Beta, but professionally as Beta Lebeis of Team Brazil. You get the distinction?

I absolutely despise the type of person she comes off, so I'm quite comfortable with bashing her, but there is no reason _right now_. I guess the "Happy birthday Axl" thread wasn't full of funny, venomous or vicious fuck yous. I find it very childish, but go on, if you wish.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

We could go on on about this, but I will leave it at this post.

You draw a distinction on her birthday, we use the HTGTH attitude of her birthday as an excuse to publicly dispute her position as someone who is said to have been beneficial and in charge of management of a band with a history of lousy business decisions, statements and attitudes.

Going personal about her birthday is childish, I agree. However, I doubt she reads this, for one. Secondly, she has brought this on herself by publicly associating with a band, while denying a key component of what made the band great in the first place. She stepped into a place dear to many people and took it for granted. This is a singular instance of a counterbalance reaction caused by general frustration. Childish, yes, if childish means picking in absence of better ways to influence the matter.

I understand that, to you, birthdays in general appear to have the significance to warrant a cease fire; that's fine. I only regard birthday as a public event, like some traditional feasts in remembrance of one's character, where the host accepted the good and the bad from his guests, free speech was advocated on the night without fear of repercussion. As we know from HTGTH, free speech is not a hot commodity for the GNR camp.

They go overtly positive, we go overtly negative. If HTGTH would be a more balanced place, many of us would likely be in their thread, wishing Beta well and hoping the next year will be a better year for GNR than this one. As such, it's not to be.

Too bad, really.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't think we can really know.

Viewpoint 1:

There's something very sick about the way places like HTGTH censor information, bash members who helped create what the band was, and act sycophantically. Since Beta became involved the band has moved from being at near U2 level of super-stardom to being the butt of most industry jokes. Axl became shielded and reclusive. It was probably her who refused a grovelling Slash access to Axl at his home and thus prevented a reunion. Some say she took advantage of Axl's personality, manipulated him for her own ends and controls him to this day.

Viewpoint 2:

Axl's life shows a lot of turbulence prior to Beta. In the UYI era he seemed heavily suicidal. Her seclusion of him may be his own wishes to keep from getting upset about things he knows will derail him. Beta has stepped in to provide a sense of family, loving and nurturing that Axl perhaps wasn't able to find with his biological family or in his romantic attachments. For all the band's chain of problems, Axl seems happier now than he was back in the day, and at the end of the day as a human being that's probably what is for the best. Things like the Slash refusal into the home actually stem from Axl and she's just facilitating his wishes and helping keep him stable as is her job.

So she's either his saviour or a master manipulator, and I can't possibly say which it is.

As for this thread....I see both sides of it...HTGTH is comical in that people praise her in the hopes they can become the new jarmo and reap benefits for their comments, and so I enjoy a good parody of that, however, at the same time I can also see Mikka's point that it's pretty bad taste to hammer someone on their birthday, we're all humans, and especially when it would seem Axl identifies with her a mother figure and she's very important to him.

So I dunno.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

the whole thread is a tongue in cheek FU to the people that celebrate her on other forums. not necessarily fuck you beta.

though it has proven to be a good venue for people to do the latter smile

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

While this thread might be a bit over the top and unnecessary, I have to admit feeling a bit like throwing up in my mouth at the gnr facebook page begging people to wish her a happy bday.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I heard she co wrote half the new album

Sky Dog wrote:

I think I have completely jumped the shark on the Guns N Roses Cabaret Extravaganza....just done....see no point in supporting it anymore. Yep, Madagas aka Sky Dog is officially broken.

Board footer