You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Tommy Stinson wants to make new album (New Interview)

RussTCB wrote:
apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Original source here

Props to Tommy for telling it as it is. It's not difficult, they're all established musicians with mutual live band experience. All they need is Axl saying, Let's go to work.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

'leftover tunes'. That doesn't really sell the likes of the general, soul monster and other songs does it?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Scabbie wrote:

'leftover tunes'. That doesn't really sell the likes of the general, soul monster and other songs does it?

It doesn't but I guess it depends on whether you think CD was the best of what they had or whether the leaks played a big part in what was ultimately released.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Great interview. tommy make it happen soon! Get Axl in there!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

He raises a good point that much of the wait last time was dealing with forming the band and replacing band members going in and out.

This line up seems very stable.

I don't know how things work for Axl, but in my mind, I feel like you put DJ, Ron, Chris, Richard, Tommy and Frank - lock them in a room for 2 weeks and tell them to write something and you'd get something working out of it....then add that to the 1/2 done tracks we know of....and you'd think CD2 would be a fair easier creative journey than CD1 was......

But it's different for everyone I guess.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Great interview.

“We need to start thinking about making a new record. You know, it’s due. We’ve been travelling around the world and touring behind this one record for long enough,” said Stinson. “I really don’t know if there’s a lot more touring we can do behind this record that we haven’t done already ... twice even! It’s probably a good time to get back and write some new songs.”

Are you reading this, Axl?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

“I really don’t know if there’s a lot more touring we can do behind this record that we haven’t done already ... twice even!

They've been touring CD since 2001-02. Sure the album only dropped in 2008, but by my count, their collective number of "CD" tours, are way, way, way more than two... 14

Board footer