You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: Bob Ezrin talks Axl and Chinese

smoke wrote:

I fucking LOVE "bitter squad"! "GNR Bitter Squad" on a black t-shirt, written in SECURITY font. Genius!

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

I also find it hard to believe that Axl had only 3 good songs from 30+. sounds like bullshit to me.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Well, imo there's only one great song and one good song that was released.  Not far fetched to think there's only one or two in what's left.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Mike Clink was such a badass...  He got the best out of everyone.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Some producers co-write, some don't.

As for Axl not having good songs - it's a question of perspective - Bob Ezrin was probably looking from the perspective of useful to the record label - so what they'd be after is either a nice 3 minute hook filled radio gem - along the lines of a "yesterdays" or a "live and let die"....or they'd be looking for evidence that the band and it's songwriting has survived the loss of the old guys - so they'll want to listen and hear a new "November Rain" and a new "You could be mine".

Axl's songs are great, but I guess if you're approaching it from "Is this AFD2 or UYI3" then CD was neither of them - 2 or 3 of the tracks are close to being the basis of something you could use in that context...but a lot of it is kind of it's own monster.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

Opinions can be funny sometimes.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash compared Illusions to White Album.

Board footer