You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: May 24, 2013 - Rockalahoma, Pryor, OK

monkeychow wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Come on dude, get real nothing new will happen. Axl will milk Guns` name as much as he can and finally will call it quits. We might get the rest from Chinese sessions someday in distance future. He apparently does n`t give a shit anymore, he`s going through motions. I wish I was wrong.

I'm on the middle on that one.

I don't expect Axl to change his ways entirely.

Like i'm not expecting him to start sleeping at night and being awake in the day, to start pumping out an album a year, start rocking up to meets and greets and hanging with fans etc.

However, subject to him remaining in proper health, I'd also be surprised if he never did anything creative ever again, I think it just runs according to his own timeframe, but I think we'll someday see some more of the vault - mixed maybe with a few tracks that are fresher - some colab with DJ or something.

Obviously as the band gets older and older there's an obvious progression into nostalgia that can be expected - but I do think that could be mixed with small scale new offerings. Like how bands like aerosmith and AC/DC put out 1 album every 10 years or so then tour behind it but the tour is mostly old stuff.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
faldor wrote:

Still the same set as their last one in March, except no Better yet.  The remainder of THAT set was

Used to Love Her
        Jam
        Nightrain
        Encore:
        Jam
        Patience
        The Seeker
        (The Who cover)
        Jam
        Paradise City

The band has been tweeting about "Don't Let It Bring You Down" today, so maybe that will replace "The Seeker".  Sorry metallex.

Oh, looks like you're in luck metallex.

Jaime-Paul Falcon @JaimesonPaul 2m

Guns N' Roses covering The Who, somewhere @blakepanter feels a strong disturbance in the force #Rocklahoma

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:
misterID wrote:

You know, I don't think Son of a Gun should take a job as a suicide prevention operator. Just sayin.

What ?

faldor

faldor wrote:

Looks like it's over, or at least coming to an end as they're playing PC now.  Not sure exactly what came after KOHD but I think we could all make pretty educated guesses.

Jaime-Paul Falcon @JaimesonPaul 1m

This version of "Paradise City" just ruined strip clubs forever for me #Rocklahoma #GNR

Edit - Reading some of this guys other tweets.  He was not impressed with what he saw.  If that means anything to anyone.  Although, I have trouble taking anything seriously from a guy who misspells Ax(E)l

@JaimesonPaul 44m

1993 Axel Rose is rolling over in his grave right now #Rocklahoma

This is ten thousand times worse then you could ever imagine #GNR #Rocklahoma

"Guns N' Roses" are covering "Another Brick in the Wall" let it sink in #Rocklahoma let it sink in.

Guitar wankery, guitar wankery #GNR #Rocklahoma

This is the worst Guns N' Roses tribute act I've ever seen #Rocklahoma

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
faldor wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

There are much better ways to promote the band and shows.

Such as?  What more could DJ do?  What should he do differently?

He should take note from Ron and stop bullshiting. It`ll be highly appriciated.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
faldor wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

There are much better ways to promote the band and shows.

What did he say that was bullshit exactly?  He said they'd be playing a mix of old and new songs.  Just like they have been for the past decade.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Come on dude, get real nothing new will happen. Axl will milk Guns` name as much as he can and finally will call it quits. We might get the rest from Chinese sessions someday in distance future. He apparently does n`t give a shit anymore, he`s going through motions. I wish I was wrong.

I'm on the middle on that one.

I don't expect Axl to change his ways entirely.

Like i'm not expecting him to start sleeping at night and being awake in the day, to start pumping out an album a year, start rocking up to meets and greets and hanging with fans etc.

However, subject to him remaining in proper health, I'd also be surprised if he never did anything creative ever again, I think it just runs according to his own timeframe, but I think we'll someday see some more of the vault - mixed maybe with a few tracks that are fresher - some colab with DJ or something.

Obviously as the band gets older and older there's an obvious progression into nostalgia that can be expected - but I do think that could be mixed with small scale new offerings. Like how bands like aerosmith and AC/DC put out 1 album every 10 years or so then tour behind it but the tour is mostly old stuff.

No one asks him to change his ways entirely all he has to do is, talk more about new album if there`s any or make it crystal clear that he has no intention of doing anything except touring the fuck out of back catalogue. I think he lacks motivation and inspiration.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
faldor wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
faldor wrote:

What did he say that was bullshit exactly?  He said they'd be playing a mix of old and new songs.  Just like they have been for the past decade.

His biggest bullshiting lie was when he said in 2010 that new album was " right around the corner, they`ve been  throwing bunch of ideas back and forth and new album won`t take so long, he promised " . 3 years have passed since then and there`s no sign of a new album except vague comments from Richard and Dizzy.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
faldor wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

His biggest bullshiting lie was when he said in 2010 that new album was " right around the corner, they`ve been  throwing bunch of ideas back and forth and new album won`t take so long, he promised " . 3 years have passed since then and there`s no sign of a new album except vague comments from Richard and Dizzy.

I don't think DJ has anything to do with how quickly a GNR album gets released. Those aren't necessarily lies he told and who knows, some may actually come to fruition.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

No vids of anything yet. Just curious how his voice is?

Entirely not surprising to read the set list but its still a shame that it appears Axl refuses to move forward musically.

Board footer