You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Curious Sorry/Shackler mention

Sky Dog wrote:

I am in between...thought the 98-99 songs were good and then Bucket put the killer finish on them with his solos to make them great. People give Tobias shit, but the songs he worked on in 98-99 that I listed, I think, are the best songs on the album...the most Gnr like songs

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I thought the 98-99 stuff was a bit bland personally, and I never really listened to the prealbum demos a whole lot, so the songs I know are the album versions

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

99 IRS was far better, sans Bucket's solo. I don't why they got rid of all the cool sounds and effects from the 99 version.

AtariLegend wrote:
misterID wrote:

99 IRS was far better, sans Bucket's solo. I don't why they got rid of all the cool sounds and effects from the 99 version.

They didn't really, they just buried it like Tommy's bass underneath unnecessary additional guitar parts *cough Bumblefoot/Fortus*

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

Axl should have rerecorded Chinese Democracy in 2002 with him, Bucket, Richard, Tommy, Dizzy and Brain fuck Finck, Fuck Thal, Fuck Ferrer, Fuck Pitman they added absolutely nothing to the album.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I liked the first IRS leak, sounded heavier than the album version. Never liked the 99 versions of any of the songs other than CITR.

Sky Dog wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Axl should have rerecorded Chinese Democracy in 2002 with him, Bucket, Richard, Tommy, Dizzy and Brain fuck Finck, Fuck Thal, Fuck Ferrer, Fuck Pitman they added absolutely nothing to the album.

wtf, Pitman is cowriter with Axl on Madagascar and If The World...Pitman has been there since 1998...and why fuck Finck? He has writing credits on 7 songs plus some pretty killer guitar parts on Better, TWAT, IRS, ET...ACTUALLY the whole fuckin album outside a few songs.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

wtf, Pitman is cowriter with Axl on Madagascar and If The World...Pitman has been there since 1998...and why fuck Finck? He has writing credits on 7 songs plus some pretty killer guitar parts on Better, TWAT, IRS, ET...ACTUALLY the whole fuckin album outside a few songs.

As far as I know, Finck has only one writing credit on  " Better " as good as his guitar work on that song is, something tells me that it would be much better with just Bucket on lead guitar same goes to the whole album. As for Pitman, yes, he has credit on " Madagascar " but I consider it moslty an Axl song. According to official booklet, Axl came up with that horn intro on synthesizers so, I don`t understand why did Pitman get credit for it. "If the World" is weak except Bucket`s solo. I don`t get what the hell is he doing in the band. I appriciate his work in " Lusk " but his place is n`t in GNR there already is one keyboardist, there`s no need for another.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I think Pitman said he came up with the horn section in Madagascar and Axl liked it, so it's hardly a minor contribution.

Sky Dog wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

As far as I know, Finck has only one writing credit on  " Better " as good as his guitar work on that song is, something tells me that it would be much better with just Bucket on lead guitar same goes to the whole album. As for Pitman, yes, he has credit on " Madagascar " but I consider it moslty an Axl song. According to official booklet, Axl came up with that horn intro on synthesizers so, I don`t understand why did Pitman get credit for it. "If the World" is weak except Bucket`s solo. I don`t get what the hell is he doing in the band. I appriciate his work in " Lusk " but his place is n`t in GNR there already is one keyboardist, there`s no need for another.

gotta get your facts straight before coming here...writing credits have been discussed before...legally Finck has 7 credits...
http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=7377&p=1

Board footer