You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Australia, looks like an awesome place

metallex78 wrote:

Pretty much agreed with all that Monkey has said.
I live in Sydney, and like to think it has the best of the north (QLD, Brisbane), and the south (VIC, Melbourne)

Sydney has the warm weather and great beaches, including the bikini beauties you see above, as well as some of Melbourne's great culture.
It can get cold here, but on warm Winter days, I've been swimming at the beach (towards the end of our Winter though)

As for the Melbourne vs Sydney feud, yeah, its funny... I'm a Sydneysider who actually likes Melbourne (and I've met many Melbourne people who hate Sydney), but I just don't like the cold weather, which like Monkey said, isn't really that cold anyway.
Melbourne is a much better planed city, easier to get around, and the nightlife and bars are awesome. You can find great places hidden down in back alleys and streets, that have really great vibes and even better beers!

I love Brisbane and the Gold Cast (Surfers Paradise), and I'd highly recommend staying in Surfers Paradise, as it's right next to the beach and the nightlife is happening 7 days a week, 365 days a year. It's like our own Vegas, kinda.

Adelaide (South Australia) has really nice wineries, and I recommend visiting them, but aside from that, I didn't find a lot there to do.
It has beautiful country side to see and explore, but it just depends if you're into that really.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

This is a more updated map than gibbos too, thanks to google maps.

australia-map-accurate.jpg

wink wink

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Hilarious pic.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Monkey's map is what this American pictures it like, except I'd replace Nothing with Unknown Death.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I am completely thinking about coming down there for the sonic music festival or whatever it's called lol. Looked like a blast from those who have went. Plus I would get to share a beer with Aussie, Metallax, Monkey and his beard. 16 Plus the ladies and the scenery and the ladies. Only downside is all those killer animals and sharks but then there are the ladies. 16

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

If anyone wants too come over ya stay at my joint for as long as ya want got my own house and live by myself about 300km away from the nearest city.  Only about 2500 live in my town

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I am completely thinking about coming down there for the sonic music festival or whatever it's called lol. Looked like a blast from those who have went. Plus I would get to share a beer with Aussie, Metallax, Monkey and his beard. 16 Plus the ladies and the scenery and the ladies. Only downside is all those killer animals and sharks but then there are the ladies. 16

Hahaha! That would be awesome!

My jokes aside the animal situation isn't really all that dangerous. There are dangerous animals in theory but they all have sort of easy avoids.

1. Don't swim alone at the beach, preferably swim in a life-guarded area. (avoids Sea-life/Tides)

2. If you go to the Northern Territory, don't swim in rivers/lakes unless signs/locals say it's safe to do so (avoids crocodiles)

3. In hot conditions, don't walk through long grass, or reach into holes/piles of sticks etc without being very careful (avoids snakes)

4. Always look overhead when walking under a tree, beside a structure, or through a doorway (avoids dropbears)

Simple really wink

That would be cool if you came over for Soundwave...I'm wondering what the line up is going to be next year, hoping for some AIC or something and not too many of the teenage bands wink

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

monkeychow wrote:

This is a more updated map than gibbos too, thanks to google maps.

http://tizona.files.wordpress.com/2009/ … curate.jpg

wink wink

16 Nice! I've seen so many pictures and video of the different areas that I just really want to go there. Thanks Gibbo, I'll take up on that offer when the time comes. That music festival has the best bands playing too.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

What is a dropbear?

Not a big ocean guy so not worried there. B

Soundwave. There it is. I wanna experience the non American festival scene.  Plus I heard The Australian night life is pretty damn good too. Would try and see all I could in a week or two.

Board footer