You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Re: Newsted (Jason Newsted, ex-Metallica's new band)

Son of a Gun wrote:

Yeah, right I have a nagative view of the " world " good riddance lol 14 16 22

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

NoKnownName wrote:

Don't make me seperate you two. 16

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Sounds interesting and I can hear some good things coming out of it. Jason hasn't forgotten his Metallica strength that's for sure. I'll keep an open mind about it.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Lets try and keep things a bit more civil eh.

I checked it out.  Ehh I dunno if its for me. Glad he is out there doing his thing tho.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Ehhh, pretty mixed.  I skipped thru alot here & there.  A few are alright, but yeah some is pretty bad.  No reason for that one poster to be a douche about it tho.  Thanks for posting it! 

Jason was always a bit peculiar, didn't seem to fit in much with the other 3, nor fit your pre-internet/MTV/access perception of who the people in Metallica was.  Then again, Lars & Kirk weren't really either. Nonetheless tho I do respect Jason for wanting to branch out & do side projects, ashame Hetfield wouldn't let him.  Granted his side stuff has been pretty subpar, but hopefully he's happy. I'm sure the Metallica royalties are paying him a very livable salary, and now he's just doing what he likes. (Making horrible music, haha j/k. )

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Ehhh, pretty mixed.  I skipped thru alot here & there.  A few are alright, but yeah some is pretty bad.  No reason for that one poster to be a douche about it tho.  Thanks for posting it! 

Jason was always a bit peculiar, didn't seem to fit in much with the other 3, nor fit your pre-internet/MTV/access perception of who the people in Metallica was.  Then again, Lars & Kirk weren't really either. Nonetheless tho I do respect Jason for wanting to branch out & do side projects, ashame Hetfield wouldn't let him.  Granted his side stuff has been pretty subpar, but hopefully he's happy. I'm sure the Metallica royalties are paying him a very livable salary, and now he's just doing what he likes. (Making horrible music, haha j/k. )

See, if you post your opinion, good or bad, as long as people aren't being complete dicks about it, this makes for good discussion! 22 5

I thought it was kinda ordinary at first listen, but a few more time through, it's pretty solid.
And yeah, props for Jason for doing what he wants to do. Good or bad, I gotta give him his dues for getting himself back out there again.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

http://loudwire.com/newsted-heavy-metal … um-review/

Found one of the reviews. They are liking this album. Said it's more meat & potatoes. Nothing bombastic or groundbreaking; but said it was really good.

Board footer