You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Breakng Bad/Better Call Saul

metallex78 wrote:

Finally finished watching Breaking Bad, what a great ending to a great series.

I'm kinda sad it all came to an end though, I was really getting attached to the characters

Hidden Text:

Considering they don't really show a body bag or anything, does anyone else think that Walt may have actually survived though....?

AtariLegend wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Hidden Text:

Considering they don't really show a body bag or anything, does anyone else think that Walt may have actually survived though....?

Hidden Text:

You get told he's going to die from the conversation he has with the doctor in the first episode. Honestly if Walt doesn't die, it completely negates the point of him becoming a meth dealer. Doesn't make sense in any way for the show to have a happy ending.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Hidden Text:

Hidden Text:

You get told he's going to die from the conversation he has with the doctor in the first episode. Honestly if Walt doesn't die, it completely negates the point of him becoming a meth dealer. Doesn't make sense in any way for the show to have a happy ending.

Hidden Text:

Yeah, I figured that he would die eventually from cancer. But in the closing scene where he's lying on the floor from the gun shot wound, you don't see him actually die. I guess you just assume that he does

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Finally finished watching Breaking Bad, what a great ending to a great series.

I'm kinda sad it all came to an end though, I was really getting attached to the characters

Hidden Text:

Yeah man I still miss that damn show.

Hidden Text:

I think he is dead. No way around it. It was his last stand. Try and right all the wrongs in a way.

Very satisfying conclusion. Much better then most TV.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Ive watched this 3 times all the way through. Never gets old.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Loved this show

Hidden Text:

Walts definitely dead, otherwise what's the point? Cancer and gunshot wound aside he somehow escapes a farm full of cops to do what?  He's made peace with his family and secured their future. He went to the farm knowing that was his end but he'd try and avenge hank on his way out and that's what happened.

Im curious to know in a few years where it'll stand in peoples 'all time' lists and how it holds up against Sopranos etc. For me it's right up there but whether it'll drop in time I don't know.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think this show will ever be compared to the "great" Sopranos.

And when I say great... what I actually mean is OVER-RATED Sopranos. The last two years of the Sopranos were utter shit, especially the last year. The first year was overrated, and the prime of the show was NEVER what it was reputed to be.

The point is THE SHIELD was a FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BETTER series than either of these two (although I got major love for Breaking Bad), and The Shield will never make a Top-10 list, nor will it ever eclipse The Sopreenos.

I'm sorry, but i'm just so goddamn sick of hearing about The Sopranos. What an overrated show. One of the greatest ones to ever air, but the best? Puhleeze. Andy Griffith, All In The Family, early-era Happy Days & early-era Dallas, The Rockford Files (where David Chase got his start), Hill Street Blues, early-era A-Team, Miami Vice, The Equalizer, Tales From The Crypt, The X-Files, Wiseguy, Seinfeld, NYPD Blue, Everybody Loves Raymond, early-era Simpsons, the first few years of Stargate SG-1, 24 (even today), The Shield, Deadwood, Breaking Bad...

Then I might tack on The Sopranos.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

The Shield is my favorite show ever

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And it still holds up. Started re-watching recently...

johndivney wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I don't think this show will ever be compared to the "great" Sopranos.

And when I say great... what I actually mean is OVER-RATED Sopranos. The last two years of the Sopranos were utter shit, especially the last year. The first year was overrated, and the prime of the show was NEVER what it was reputed to be.

The point is THE SHIELD was a FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BETTER series than either of these two (although I got major love for Breaking Bad), and The Shield will never make a Top-10 list, nor will it ever eclipse The Sopreenos.

I'm sorry, but i'm just so goddamn sick of hearing about The Sopranos. What an overrated show. One of the greatest ones to ever air, but the best? Puhleeze. Andy Griffith, All In The Family, early-era Happy Days & early-era Dallas, The Rockford Files (where David Chase got his start), Hill Street Blues, early-era A-Team, Miami Vice, The Equalizer, Tales From The Crypt, The X-Files, Wiseguy, Seinfeld, NYPD Blue, Everybody Loves Raymond, early-era Simpsons, the first few years of Stargate SG-1, 24 (even today), The Shield, Deadwood, Breaking Bad...

Then I might tack on The Sopranos.

this is absolutely one of the worst, most idiotic posts i've read on this forum - & that's high fucking praise. such total dumbass horseshit.

i love the shield, great show, but it'd struggle to get into the top 5 cop/crime shows ever, never mind touch the top 3.
it's too cartoony, too much weighed down by make-do actors & reliant on the silly overblown writing style of american action shows - the action being the strongest suit, the convoluted empty handed cack-handled nonsensical plots the weakness. & what is it w/these jokers having to give their goddamn wives starring roles in these shows?!

comparing the shield to the soprano's is like comparing pulp to dostoevsky.

the last two seasons of the soprano's were fucking terrific. the handling of johnny sack's cancer, jnr's dementia, aj's breakdown were all par for the course on a show that excelled in subplots. all of it handled with the same brilliance - subtlety & force -  as the psychoanalysis or the separation of tony & carmella. the ultimate distancing between tony & christopher is one of the greatest storylines the show did.

seriously some of the shite you've listed above is embarrassing. you shouldn't admit to watching some of that gash.
get real, man.

as for breaking bad, yea it was a fun show that got completely overhyped & taken to extremes. it was a fun, cool show but people got carried away.

Board footer