You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: Breakng Bad/Better Call Saul

Not to highjack the thread but I don't understand the hate on the Sopranos ending. Sure it didn't tie it up in a bow nice and obvious but for me it was pretty clear what happened at the end.

Hidden Text:

Tony died

, which would've made a movie difficult unless they called 'The Sopranos - The Rise of AJ' and nobody would have wanted to see that 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

By not showing it though, it kind of left it open that maybe somehow they got out or something.... So if they wanted to do a movie they could.  I just thought it was a cheap way to end it.  Still and amazing show.  I loved the final scene with the Journey rocking.  Good stuff.  I just didn't like the lack of a nice bow.. haha.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

True it did leave them wriggle room had they chosen to continue with a movie etc. Perhaps i'm being naive but i'm not convinced that was a motivation/consideration at the time for the final scene. Forget the actual ending for a moment, events in the last season left him with virtually no senior crew and facing a life time in jail. Where would a movie go with that that was plausable? For me, hidden behind the ambiguity of the ending it actually got finished up quite neatly.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Been really digging Better Call Saul lately. Might be the best new show of the year. Love the relationship between Odenkirk and Michael McKean.

Board footer