You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Re: Izzy interview Reverbnation

Bro-mero wrote:

Slash was drunk and was forced by Perla in 2005 to go to Axls house, I wouldn't call that "stepping up". I also wouldnt call his interviews where he says he wants to "clear some things up" as stepping up either

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Also I think if it wasn't real he would have said something better.

Like the answers along the lines of 'I can't talk about the next album' reek of the usual 'i work with axl on his thing and don't want to upset him' type answer people give.

A fake interview would announce a colab with JayZ and a release date on NYE or something.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

Slash was drunk and was forced by Perla in 2005 to go to Axls house, I wouldn't call that "stepping up". I also wouldnt call his interviews where he says he wants to "clear some things up" as stepping up either

The press release from Axl's camp specifically said he wasn't drunk.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Compare the way Slash talks about Scott to what he says about Axl.

The way I see it Slash was very guarded in what he said about Axl for at least a decade, most times if prompted to say something negative he'd shut the conversation down, he did give enough info to explain his side of why he left - but even then it was done with minimal bashing of axl compared to what could be said - he simply explained what drove him away.

When asked about Axl he would often also say something positive about his front man abilities or similar.

Basically, while he wasn't going back unless the band was fixed, (and if it's not broken why can't they even release a live dvd) but he was at all times very cautious to leave a window open for a reunion.

Meanwhile Axl's camp have frequently insulted him personally, and even taken it as far as the art, suggesting that he ruined UYI etc

Not only did he attempt to patch things up in 2005 and was rewarded with GNR's camp refusing him access to even talk to Axl and them then attempting to sabotage velvet revolver...but he's also said in interviews that he accepts some blame in the event that axl wanted to sort it out...and was clearly once again around the RRHOF era being polite incase something could be worked out.

MEanwhile the mythology still exists in the fanbase that Slash runs around bagging Axl, that he's got all these things to apologise for.

He was a partner in a band where the singer caused riots, refused to go on stage on time, caused a 2 year delay on their album, took control of the name, made him into an employee, overdubed his playing with unknown guitarists, refused communication except through hangers on, decided he no longer wanted to work on music in the style the band previously played, and constantly no-showed recording sessions to develop new material. It's god damn lucky he's never really taken the gloves off in regards to what could be said about GNR.

All he did was quit apologising and making excuses for GNR's behaviour and explain when asked why he left the band.

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

The press release from Axl's camp specifically said he wasn't drunk.

Marc Canter said on Mygnrforum that Slash was indeed drunk

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

^ So Axl lied in his press release then?

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

^ So Axl lied in his press release then?

Shocker!

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Hi Ed
Just looked online at a few fake interviews .I have not answered any questions online or done any interviews for years . Thanks
Izzy

Source: http://shuffleitall.proboards.com

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

Wow, how the hell does the official GN'R twitter page screw that one up?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

Wow, how the hell does the official GN'R twitter page screw that one up?

Another win for Team Brazil! 16

Board footer