You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: sp1at thread

Sky Dog wrote:

I like me some Splat

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Hey faldor what's up...u snuck into the playoffs I see, wink

I did. Quite the mediocre team this year thanks to Arian Foster, among others. Andre Johnson had a big game tonight though so I'm off to a good start.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

U and me both...I was lucky to make it this year cuz of Moreno but I'll take it lol

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Aussie wrote:

We are more than happy for you to post any rumblings and snippets of info you may come across here. 22

Thanks

Are you able to set us up a secret hidden forum section for us Sp1at people to do our thing. I am looking at next February for this, no rush.

Members will have to be approved by me. Obviously admin here will be accepted, but no one below.

Obviously anything we do will be the property of this website.

It's been a while, man.  Hope you are well.  I remember the old Sp1at days fondly!

Ali

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

I never had access to Sp1at, although I had a good friend who did, so I got the news that way, and I do miss those times.  I, like any old-timer on here, would be very interested in this going forward.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

One thing I'd love some 'inside info' on, which should fit right into the splat line of investigation.

Supposedly an album was submitted a couple of years back, but not released. From memory it was to be a self titled album.

Is this true? Who would have been authorised to hear this at the record company and what  did they think of it? Since Azzoff left who do Team Brazil deal with at Universal, there must be a line off communication with a few execs. Is there anyone 'pro GNR' there, or do they all hate their guts.

Was the album rejected because it wasn't good enough or because they couldn't agree on the terms of the release?

I dont want to take anything away from this forum, if splat is conducted through here I'm cool with that, but I did like the 'invite only' and secretive nature of the forum.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Hi Guys

Like I said, check back Febraury and I'll decide then if we set up or not. Just keep checking back.

It is just about whether next year is going to be about more than touring, because I am not wanting top chase shadows

I'll message you soon, Aussie

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Hi Guys

Like I said, check back Febraury and I'll decide then if we set up or not. Just keep checking back.

It is just about whether next year is going to be about more than touring, because I am not wanting top chase shadows

I'll message you soon, Aussie

No GN'R album this year unless circumstances propel it. A mid 2015 release is looking likely, so I will leave the forum comeback for now. We will maybe roll Feb next year.

Cheers.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
sp1at wrote:

No GN'R album this year unless circumstances propel it. A mid 2015 release is looking likely

I know you have a reputation as being an insider so this is kinda disheartening if true sad Seems like neither Axl or the label cares to put out a GNR album anytime soon, and given the state of the music industry I can't say I really blame either of them.

Axl's probably making more money from touring than he would from an album release, and the label are happy to not put out an album just so as to keep Axl under contract awaiting their not in this lifetime reunion album.

I'd be as happy as a pig in shit if I could just pay $0.99, just once, and legally download just one new song from GN'R 16 At least we know Guns might play 2-3 new songs on their next tour, but I'm expecting only 2 songs - Going Down and acoustic Better - and they're not new if you're a downloading motherfucker like me (and the rest of the Evo/MSL/MyGNR/HTGTH members!)

I've got my fingers crossed that Izzy puts out an album this year, seems to make the years waiting for GNR releases a little easier, for me anyway izzy

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If anything, release the mix albums with some bonus stuff on it (silkworms). Not the greatest release, but its something. And for Godsakes, play something new live. Unless we get a big leak, I'm tired of waiting around to hear something new in studio quality.

Board footer