You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: "Mystery" Band to reunite in Sweden

Backslash wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Journey last played together in 88. It would be a shock if Steve Perry were back in the band, so that would fit.

I thought about that, but didn't Perry rejoin them in 1995?

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Backslash wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Journey last played together in 88. It would be a shock if Steve Perry were back in the band, so that would fit.

I don't remember the year but yeah, it was around that time. Seems like there may have been one half-assed decent song they were playing off that album back then.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Backslash wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Yeah, but they never toured. Never even made a public appearance actaully. Perry hurt his hip while mountain climbing, which was his way of celebrating completing the recording for "Trial By Fire." Then, he couldn't tour, so the band left him in the dust.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

This thread made it to 3 pages? Wow.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

and the mystery band is.......................

6xqn785.jpg

9 16 who knew it wasnt gonna be GnR

Backslash

Backslash wrote:

Triumph?  Are they doing any Canadian dates?  I wouldn't mind seeing them.  Good old Canadian rock at its best.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Honestly, I've never heard of them.

Backslash

Backslash wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Honestly, I've never heard of them.

Yeah I don't think they were ever big in America.  Their most well-known song is probably Magic Power; you probably remember that one (lyrics: I'm young, I'm wild, I'm free.  Got the magic power of the music in me).  Other more mainstream songs are Lay it on the Line, Somebody's Out There, and Tears in the Rain.  My favourite, though, is Allied Forces, as their older stuff sound more Maiden-influenced.

Looks like I was right, though, when I said it's probably not even a well-known band.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Maiden-influenced in their early days? Does that mean they turned more towards 80's pop metal later on?

Backslash

Backslash wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Maiden-influenced in their early days? Does that mean they turned more towards 80's pop metal later on?

They didn't really get like a poppy hair metal band.  They turned more into a classic rock band.  Almost progressive, but more mainstream.  I'm not sure how to classify it, but a lot of Canadian bands were that way, like Prism, Chilliwack, and Trooper.  I guess it was closer to the Arena rock, Boston-type sound of the 70s.

Board footer