You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Is sorry the most wasted potential song from CD

-D- wrote:

Only shitty line is the I'll kick your ass part.

rest is great.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
-D- wrote:

Only shitty line is the I'll kick your ass part.

rest is great.

You even like the but I don't want to do it part lol

The song sounds like what a 5 year old would say when throwing a tantrum IMO

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I always felt the solo in sorry is perhaps the best one minus TWAT on the record. Very bluesy and soulful.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I always felt the solo in sorry is perhaps the best one minus TWAT on the record. Very bluesy and soulful.

I agree, I love the music in sorry, its just the lyrics that ruin it for me.

It could have been a great song with better lyrics

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Sorry doesn't have any real issues with it, other than the shock that Axl when soulful with his voice and words, when the song itself has Grunge or Alice In Chains written all over it. The entire structure of the song, easily could've been on the recent Black Gives Way To Blue or The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here.

Lyrically I think the song represents Axl in a more straight-forward manner, because that's the context of the song, not such much lyrical laziness. It just seems more simplistic for a writer that is more so intelligent and wordy that you can't stand it sometimes. Axl says a lot and yet nothing at the same time is borderline legendary of him.

My only complaint with Sorry was that it I wish Axl would've sung in a lower register, with more of a depressive attitude to suit the tone and melody of the song. The song in those depressive moments could've been a Jar of Flies B-side, except Axl singing slow and higher, makes it something else.

The other thing was that Sebastian Bach should've been shot for saying the song sounded like doom metal... the song sounded nothing like that.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Was listening to Get in The Ring the other day.............. I don't like you.. I just hate you. Im gonna Kick your ass!

I'll kick your ass like I said that I would..............
Remember when Slash took the mic when Axl cut himself accidentally.. Slash told the crowd he was changing clothes.. Axl got pissed and said he'd kick his ass.....

Board footer