You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

polluxlm wrote:

Don't see CDII being scrapped under any circumstance. It might be reworked, pieced up or have Slash added to it, but Axl isn't the type of guy to throw away old material if he thinks it's good. Some of these tracks are seeds of 20 year old sessions.

With a reunion he could just release it as is and ride the media wave, or he could add Slash for semi legitimacy as a new original GN'R album. I don't see Slash having a problem with adding solos or riffs to what is essentially Axl's material. That's probably the least of what he expects going back in.

Would we see Slash play a version of TWAT live though?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash can easily handle Twat live. See Anastasia for a demo of Slash's chops

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

He could definitely handle it, but how keen is he to go out and play a bunch of old CD songs? Would Axl agree to sing Anastasia?

AtariLegend wrote:

Pretending this is happening. I do think they'd play a few songs max of Chinese. Probably the title track, Street of Dreams, This I Love or Better (doubtful). I really don't think we'll ever hear most of the album again and I can't imagine them playing Velvet Revolver songs "just because". Chinese was at least released under the Gun's title. Regardless of some people views, it was released as that.

I'm not familiar with Slash's setlists for his solo shows, does he play Fall to Pieces every other show or other Velvet Revolver tracks? I'm assuming they play Slither. Snakepit tracks?

Don't see Slash caring though if Axl pushed the issue. It's not like VR didn't play STP tracks.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't think any CD songs will be performed. Best case scenario CD II comes out and lets say Atlas Shrugged is a single and becomes a minor hit. They play that.

I understand hardcore fans wanting these various set list scenarios but IMO they aren't realistic. Slash doing TWAT? Axl singing Slither? There'll be one of us nerds at each show wanting that and its the same as a handful wanting SG to perform Cochise.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Time for real news fellas. Hope and soon are words I am growing to hate

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Time for real news fellas. Hope and soon are words I am growing to hate

It's just days away, man! Remember? 16

Promoters are full of shit. Anyone catch Trunk's blog? Is this considered walking back?

Over the last few months few I have been inundated with people asking me about the rumored Guns n’ Roses reunion. It’s been incredible to see the massive amount of rumors (many being reported and taken as fact) out there. I get that this is something many would like to see, but to watch the incredible amount of misinformation is mind boggling. People are literally making shit up, and there are many just waiting to buy it. I had someone on Twitter ask me about a “second leg” of the tour, when of course there is no FIRST LEG!. A UK website said the tour if off until 2017 recently so Axl can do a proper farewell with the current band. What current band?? He’s down two guitarists! So what, hire two new guys and do a farewell essentially for Tommy Stinson? It’s insane! I get TONS of questions about this because as many know I have a friendship, or know, almost all the players involved potentially. But I have refused to get into the rumor game and promote baseless sources. Just the other day I asked Dana to not post stories about this unless it is CREDITED TO AN OFFICIAL SOURCE.

What a concept huh? Actually wait for REAL information!? So what’s going on since there is still no real news? Here is my two cents:

I have said for years I think one day some sort of reunion will happen. Why? Because it’s too big not to, the members are still relatively young, and the money is way too attractive to ignore. The main reason I would like to see it is because as a lifelong promoter of rock and metal it would give our genre a shot in the arm. I do believe and have been told by very reliable sources over the last year or so that indeed there have been talks. But “talks” can go several ways as we all know and have seen. Promoters can and sometimes do make offers for bands and tours not currently formed. Hoping the amount of money makes the bands reunite. Zeppelin, Floyd, etc. I have personally been asked to make offers to the guys in Skid Row to reunite by promoters half a dozen times over the years. Offers happen all the time, putting the pieces in place to make tours happen, not so much. Ego, politics, control, money, merch, control of the name and brand, all play a part. Factor in that when a band splits all the members now have their own managers and agents who must then negotiate. So I think 100% there are talks and hopes of doing something with GnR. How close they are or if they actually happen is anyone’s guess. It could be tomorrow, it could be in five years, it could be never. Unless you are on the very inside with lawyers, agents and managers you just don’t know. And with how volatile this stuff can be it could have been set and pulled off the table five times already for all we know.

Here’s where the fans can’t be blamed for speculation; there has been no announcement from any source that this ISN’T happening! To end this all that would need to happen is Slash, Duff, or Axl put out a statement saying this is not happening and they are staying on their current paths. They would have to be on another planet to not know it’s being talked about everywhere. But if Axl came out tomorrow and said “I have a new lineup, here are my new guys replacing Bumble and DJ, here’s what we are doing” , it would all be over. A statement from anyone killing it will stop all the madness. But since that has not happened you can’t blame any fan who wants this for dreaming. And it likely means there are still talks ongoing. So the speculation and rumors will continue until we get an announcement saying one thing or the other. All I will say is be careful what you believe and consider where it’s coming from. The “media” world is so saturated with irresponsible people who’s affiliation might be a twitter feed or web page that it can make your head spin. And it amazes me how some people in my industry of radio put some of this on the air as fact! Everyone is looking to be the first, or get the most clicks for their page. Let’s all chill and discuss and dissect when there is REAL information one way or the other. I actually had people calling my radio show the other day upset about who’s not being included in a reunion that hasn’t even been announced at all in any way, shape or form! If/when there is REAL news we will get into then. And as I said, for all I know that can be tomorrow, next week, or never. But until then all we need is a little patience…

PS: I’ve also been asked by many, “hey, you know these guys, ask them what’s up”. I’m not going to put these guys in that position. They know me, if they want to tell me anything on or off the record they will. They aren’t dumb and neither am I. The way to handle stuff like this properly and professionally to maintain relationships is to make requests at times like these through proper channels for interviews. I of course have done that and my doors are wide open to any and all to discuss. To date Steven Adler and Gilby Clarke were the only ones to come forward and discuss this on my radio show from LA a couple months ago and give their take. I truly hope when the time is right and there is something to announce either way I can share it with you through the band members when they want to talk. But I’m not going to put these guys who I have been friends with and worked with often over the years in an awkward position until they are ready to discuss. It would serve no purpose and obviously nobody is going to say anything on the record with anyone until they want to and know what’s up.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Trunk can eat a dick. Such a damn dork.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

James Lofton wrote:

I don't think any CD songs will be performed. Best case scenario CD II comes out and lets say Atlas Shrugged is a single and becomes a minor hit. They play that.

I understand hardcore fans wanting these various set list scenarios but IMO they aren't realistic. Slash doing TWAT? Axl singing Slither? There'll be one of us nerds at each show wanting that and its the same as a handful wanting SG to perform Cochise.

I think a CD track or two is possible.

Duff played some of the songs on the last tour. 

Could be cool.   Particularly the title track, the blues, or catcher.

Board footer