You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: Coachella Festival profile and rumours

sp1at wrote:

TD Garden in Boston are the only larger venue to rule out GN'R so far, and have expressed a wish to have GN'R at their venue

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

More for interest.

Dizzy has concerts 2nd Jan to 10th Jan. Then a gap of a month, then 10 Feb for a short period.

It is probably nothing, but could possibly coincide with a period of promotion around announcements

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Asking around some media outlets, the general consensus is that 70-75 per cent of bigger venues will respond to a query where a band is not playing (the percentage is a little lower in Europe, and slightly higher is S America). So, if I ask 20 venues and around 14 of them say no, that would be a sign the band is not playing. So far, only 10 percent have said no, but it is best to give it more time, and I'll ask some random media outlets to ask as well.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

How do these things normally work? Do venues approach bands/promoters or the other way round?

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

The promoter will usually approach the venue

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

A few more venues now ruled out. I am growing less confident of a early US tour, not ruled out quite yet though

Sky Dog wrote:

they may do a limited number of shows...big festivals maybe??

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

From my promoter friend in LA when I asked via text --

heard their first show back will be at Coachella and they'll see how that goes before they announce a full tour.  My source I'd pretty solid but I dunno if I'm 100% believing it. I asked Duff and he just smiled.  So ya got that going for ya.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

A US tour, if it were to happen, would make more sense later on. I was just interested to see if there would be supporting dates initially. Hard thing to check though because there are so many venues

Coachella is really the first announcement to get out the way. We need to see what is happening there, hopefully we will get an announcement sooner rather than later.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Coachella -> Summer Euro festivals -> Autumn US tour

Perhaps?

Board footer