You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl Rose To Talk "Guns N Roses" on Jmmy Kimmel Live(Not Happening)

johndivney wrote:

disappointed he's chickened out of this. would've offered some scope for some explanation - which is maybe why he's ducked out of it??

p lame moving the announcement of coachella to that random website (tho maybe that website they'll be able to hold pre-sales for tickets..??).
clearly axl's only intention was to sell coachella & avoid questions of slash's return/lineup changes.

unless they've something else cooking just not ready to announce yet..??
i doubt that tho. think this is just another example of the big guy pussying out/not showing up for his own reasons..

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

jimmythegent wrote:

I wonder if he is not happy with how he looks? As in wants to get trimmer in the gym etc? That pic posted recently looked like he had a way to go - he still has time...

I suspect that's it. The response to that pic across the forums had to make him think twice – when Axl makes his first public appearance with GN'R, the message needs to be "GN'R are back and on fighting form," not "Fat Axl has crawled back to his old band for a payday." He needs to come out looking and sounding like he did in 2006. $8m buys a lot of vocal coaching, personal training and dieticians. Fucksake, if Mark Hamill can do it for Star Wars, Axl can do it for GN'R.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I wonder if he is not happy with how he looks? As in wants to get trimmer in the gym etc? That pic posted recently looked like he had a way to go - he still has time...

Very possible. Hopefully he can get into fighting shape over the next 4 months.

Interesting choice of words.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
johndivney wrote:

disappointed he's chickened out of this. would've offered some scope for some explanation - which is maybe why he's ducked out of it??

p lame moving the announcement of coachella to that random website (tho maybe that website they'll be able to hold pre-sales for tickets..??).
clearly axl's only intention was to sell coachella & avoid questions of slash's return/lineup changes.

i doubt that tho. think this is just another example of the big guy pussying out/not showing up for his own reasons..

I'm the last one to defend axl, but maybe there's more to the story.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

buzzsaw wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I'm the last one to defend axl, but maybe there's more to the story.

Go on....

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Go on....

I don't know details. I've heard rumblings that Matt and Axl had an incident. Don't know what or when exactly, but it seems to be tied to the Kimmel thing. What I don't know either is if Matt was out and it created the incident or if Matt is out because of the incident, but either way I would assume Matt is out. Completely I would guess.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Go on....

I don't know details. I've heard rumblings that Matt and Axl had an incident. Don't know what or when exactly, but it seems to be tied to the Kimmel thing. What I don't know either is if Matt was out and it created the incident or if Matt is out because of the incident, but either way I would assume Matt is out. Completely I would guess.

I'm already imagining a certain member of this board *cough* bigbri *cough* planning an attack on a certain ex-gnr drummer 16

A Private Eye

buzzsaw wrote:

Go on....

Bull in a China shop Sorum strikes.

Good to hear all is Roses, it's like 1993 all over again. 

In all seriousness though, if there's 'incidents' already it doesn't bode well.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

A Private Eye wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Go on....

I wouldn't worry too much; Axl created a tight touring machine in the modern GN'R, and they have plenty of options for drummers. All they need to do is ensure that Slash, Axl and Duff are on stage and 90% of the audience will be happy. And Duff and Slash have a good head for business, they won't rock the boat (especially now that they've committed to the reunion with those social media posts).

A Private Eye

elevendayempire wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much; Axl created a tight touring machine in the modern GN'R, and they have plenty of options for drummers. All they need to do is ensure that Slash, Axl and Duff are on stage and 90% of the audience will be happy. And Duff and Slash have a good head for business, they won't rock the boat (especially now that they've committed to the reunion with those social media posts).

Fair points and as you say I think Sorum is probably the most replaceable/expendable of the lot. If this is true I'm actually surprised Sorum is/was involved enough to be anywhere near having an 'incident' with Axl.

Board footer