You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: I know we're all excited but...

AtariLegend wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

I'd love this.

Anyone else scared that it was 10 years ago?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

These are PROFESSIONALS I am going to be spending 100's if not 1,000's of dollars to see. We know Slash and Duff will deliver big time, but Axl comes in sounding bad after all these years and all the money I spent yes I will be pissed. Just like I get pissed when my football team looks unprepared.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

I'd love this.

Anyone else scared that it was 10 years ago?

Wow, i didn't realize that until you said it!
Nevertheless he soounds so good there, i hope he can get close to that this year.

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:

Phalangeal dexterity and vocal abilities can't be compared when it comes to rate of decay.  Should Axl still be able to sound 2006-ish?  I THINK so, but I have nothing to base this off of.  Having been in Atlanta both times in 2011, I'd say it was certainly possible 5 years ago, so I think he can.  Your football team seemed well versed in dismantling Michigan State, so don't worry on that.  bammer.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
AndyShores wrote:

Phalangeal dexterity and vocal abilities can't be compared when it comes to rate of decay.  Should Axl still be able to sound 2006-ish?  I THINK so, but I have nothing to base this off of.  Having been in Atlanta both times in 2011, I'd say it was certainly possible 5 years ago, so I think he can.  Your football team seemed well versed in dismantling Michigan State, so don't worry on that.  bammer.

Haha!

Ronnie James  Dio (RIP)
Iron Maiden singer (fuck name escapes me)
Sammy Hagar
Mick Jagger
Steven Tyler
Judas Priest (name of singer escapes me again)

All SOUND amazing despite old age. Jagger sounds the worst but still decent.

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:

I think (somewhat fear) what he looks like physically on Kimmel will give us an idea as to whether he will be back to 06 form.  Not expecting him to look like 2006 Axl, who frankly I believe was on the juice at that time, but something more svelte would be a good sign.  I have no idea how new that "new" picture of Axl floating around is.  All that said, only on a damn GN'R forum do fans give a shit enough to have to debate what shape the frontman will be (in).  haha

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

He still has 3 months to get in shape. That is plenty of time. Question is will he do it.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I would not be pissed off but I would be sad. Axl from 85-93 was arguably the greatest frontman ever. I'd rather see him retire than embarrass himself. If only Duff ran into him at the hotel a decade earlier, perhaps we could have gotten 2006 Axl with Slash/Duff/Izzy.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
AndyShores wrote:

Haha!

Ronnie James  Dio (RIP)
Iron Maiden singer (fuck name escapes me)
Sammy Hagar
Mick Jagger
Steven Tyler
Judas Priest (name of singer escapes me again)

All SOUND amazing despite old age. Jagger sounds the worst but still decent.

Bruce Dickinson. Can't hit the high notes of old, but the new Iron Maiden album is really good.

Sky Dog wrote:
Cramer wrote:

How pissed will you be if Axl shows up  bloated and singing for shit?

Unfortunately, I think that may happen....hoping for the best but if I was a betting man.....no problem with Fat Elvis/70's Elvis but you gotta still keep the voice in shape. We know he can bring it when backed in a corner because he closed out the Vegas residency with 2 legendary shows. However, I would really like him to show up ready to play from day 1. axl

Board footer