You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guns N' Roses Member, Elimination Round 4

AtariLegend wrote:

THE MEMBER WITH THE MOST VOTES ADVANCES to the QF to face the winner of our third contest. http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=13600

2387960399_42f77ae8fe.jpg

vs.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLy9wEQs6GLWlxC8MqDTQ5vLdiQwgfVRHE7kX8lpiqCs2MBG2OYg

vs.

2011_11_17-2011_11_17_6_1_13.jpg

Voting closes in 48 hours.

Vote for your Favorite

Robin Finck 40%
Frank Ferrer 0%
Dizzy Reed 60%
Total votes: 15
faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Dizwald, strictly for his longevity

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Robin wrote 'Better', and I remember just how awesome it was to be a GNR fan when that song originally leaked so he gets my vote.

AtariLegend wrote:

I voted Finck, because of his work on the album. Glad Dizzy's getting votes though, it's cool.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I had to vote for Finck. I hate how he played classic GNR songs but loved what he brought to the table on CD songs(TIL the exception). That 2001 lineup had an interesting chemistry and loads more potential that unfortunately went to waste. I'd love to see an alternate universe where instead of falling apart, they go on a five year run of album/tour/album/tour/album like was mentioned years ago.

I like Dizzy but he is mainly needed in a live setting. He released that song around 10 years ago that showed he had some potential as a solo artist had he ever taken that route.

Not a big Frank fan but I don't have much to judge him on. I know his CD contributions weren't needed but like Ron, you cant blame him for that. Axl offered to let him add a layer to the album. He's fan friendly so he has that going for him.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Dizzy

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Dizzy by a hair. He's stayed loyal and still plays live. He co-wrote some great songs on CD too. I love the Finckster though and his riffs, solos,  and stage presence. Frank does his job well and never had a problem with him. If he's part of the new version of the band, I'm open to it.

AtariLegend wrote:

Few more votes for Finck and he can turn it around.

I agree with most of what James said, that said I liked the "This I Love" solo.

In Franks case however at least his drumming didn't hurt the album (in the same way the additional guitars did). I'd be curious what would have happened though in '09 if Brain told Axl he wanted to tour again.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Finck. One of my favorite players in the band. Love his unstable style of playing solos, and he wrote Better.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I actually voted for Robin. Don't know exactly why but that was my gut instinct.

Board footer