You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: STP REUNION! STRAIGHT FROM SCOTT'S MOUTH!

WOW this is some news.

I'd bet VR would state they are going on a hiatus rather then breaking up.    I think they will keep all options open.    No wonder Slash has been in so many commercials 16  jk

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Hopefully STP can put out a No. 4 type album while Axl reenacts Pee Wee's Big Adventure while looking for a lost bike.

That definitely gets karma!   14

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Bring on Snakepit!!

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

I am not going to be fatalistic about this news for Velvet Revolver. Look at Queens of the Stone Age and Foo Fighters. Sometimes a change will do you good. Scott is in my opinion less afraid of change and experiment than the rest of them who seem to hide behind mediocrity rather than expose themselves to any real risk.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Seven wrote:

I am not going to be fatalistic about this news for Velvet Revolver. Look at Queens of the Stone Age and Foo Fighters. Sometimes a change will do you good. Scott is in my opinion less afraid of change and experiment than the rest of them who seem to hide behind mediocrity rather than expose themselves to any real risk.

STP getting back together means the end of VR.  Scott loves STP.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dunno saikin this smacks of something taken out of context

i mean who would say

"Look for an STP reunion in the coming months"

its prolly more like

Journalist: "Scott...is STP gonna get back together?"

Scott: "um, ya never know man"

but to put the whole volitile spin on the state of VR the guy actually writes it like the clock is ticking for VR... we've seen it too many times for me to put much stock in soemthing like this 19

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

You know as well as i do that most of these rumors are bullshit.  However, this came from someone who is credible, and not associated with STP at all.  There have been an unusually high number of STP reunion talk over the past year, starting with Scott's comment "every shelf needs two bookends."  All the lines point to this being true. 

As for VR being over, i'm willing to bet that if Scott rejoins STP, it means the end of VR.  You can tell Scott was never really happy with VR, you can tell that just by seeing him live.  Scott would much rather pick up where STP left off than keep going with VR. 

I think VR will go on hiatus, Slash will go do his solo stuff, and Scott will rejoin the boys of STP.  I think STP will do a few shows to let people know they're back, then go into the studio and record No 6. 

Maybe my idea for the music video for Get Out the Door really wasn't a bad idea. 16

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Saikin wrote:

As for VR being over, i'm willing to bet that if Scott rejoins STP, it means the end of VR.

i agree with this...but until it comes from the horses mouth i'm not believing VR is done....like i said there has been too many false cases of the end ... so why is this any different...as to how credible the source is...bah its only credible if it actually happens...til then its a rumor

dont get me wrong i love STP ...i'm just not getting my hopes up

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

'specially with Scott getting arrested again i think that the DeLeo's would be skeptical to see how that pans out before reuniting...cuz they've travelled that road too many times themselves

Board footer