You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Re: STP REUNION! STRAIGHT FROM SCOTT'S MOUTH!

Acekicken wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

He makes valid points, but I still don't get why they auditioned him in the first place. With Baz you know what you are going to get. They shouldn't have even wasted his time.

Even if Baz had gotten the gig it would have been put on hold
cause he singed to be Jesus in the National touring production
of the Jesus Christ Superstar.That in it self may have caused him not
to get it. 17

I don't know how many people bought Duff solo CD
but I remember a lot of the reivews really enjoying the song
Trouble that Baz sang,I think that was the first time I heard Skid Rose tongue
Used for them.

Acekicken

Acekicken wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
Acekicken wrote:

I have read a few people say that it was Slash who said they sounded like Skid Row.
I even read it on Wikki,but if I recall  correctly it was Duff. 2 seconds I will find it.

Slash said it in his autobiography too, I assume that's what people are referring to.

Ok I have not read that, but it makes sense now.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Saikin isnt scott from ohio?

He was born in Cali, then at a young age moved to Ohio and was raised there most of his life until he dropped out of school and went back to Cali. 

Interesting that they would choose Ohio then.  I had forgot that he was raised there.  Interesting point Neemo.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

to get it.

No.

The Project has speculation whirling around it again. Sebastian Bach has been let go from his title roll in the Jesus Christ Superstar tour. To his credit, Sebastian was almost immediately forthcoming about the reasons and his future plans in a statement on his official web site, SebastianBach.com. An artistic difference led to Sebastian's dismissal; Sebastian felt the need to keep a big rock number in the show, and the producers wanted it out. Sebastian is an avowed rocker, and he has a number of plans for pursuing that course. The Project speculation centers on these words from Baz:

"All of this has made me realize that it is time for me to follow my heart & create some brand new original rock & roll that will completely blow you away . I have been working with one of the biggest bands in the world & will now persue[sic] that collaboration with full force. "

Baz fans report that they can't remember a band like that except possibly the future success of The Project. It does sound as if Baz is going to pursue the vocalist position with all he's got. He lists other personal recordings he wants to make, too.

http://www.snakepit.org/0403news.html

And an interesting thing by Slash, why Bach wasn't chosen as their lead singer.

SLASH was asked why Sebastian Bach was not selected; and SLASH replied that Sebastian has a personality so charismatic that he could have destroyed the rest of the band.

http://www.snakepit.org/0304news.html

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

SLASH was asked why Sebastian Bach was not selected; and SLASH replied that Sebastian has a personality so charismatic that he could have destroyed the rest of the band.

cuz he drinks like a fish, prolly woulda been hard for recovering addicts/alcoholics to deal with..... and hes annoying as hell, someone may have had to kill him 16

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

cuz he drinks like a fish, prolly woulda been hard for recovering addicts/alcoholics to deal with..... and hes annoying as hell, someone may have had to kill him 16

Yeah he is so over the top and excitable to the point where you just wanna bitchslap him after a while (no pun intended). 

Doesn't everyone have a friend like that? - I know I do.  You know the sort, they are a good person at heart,  but you can only tolerate them in very small doses, anything beyond that and they start to become extremely annoying.  Bach seems a bit like an undiagnosed ADHD kid.

I think I can basically get the drift of what Slash was subtely trying to say about him and the effect he could have had on the band.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Although there has been no official confirmation from anyone involved, VELVET REVOLVER singer Scott Weiland made news over the weekend by telling the Miami Herald to be on the lookout for a STONE TEMPLE PILOTS reunion in the months ahead. The band members are reportedly on good terms again after their less than friendly break-up in 2002, and Weiland told The Pulse of Radio a while back that he wouldn't rule out getting back together. "I think that there is always that distinct possibility," he said. "I have to say it would never come in the way of VELVET REVOLVER, but I don't think that the story has been completely told. I'm unhappy with the ending of the story."

Weiland made his comments at an all-star gala event benefiting the AROD Family Foundation, on Saturday (January 19) at the Ritz Carlton hotel in South Beach, Florida.

Although he was supposed to perform with VELVET REVOLVER on Sunday (January 20) at a party in Park City, Utah during the Sundance Film Festival, Weiland was a no-show for the gig. The vocalist's flight to Utah was diverted because of bad weather. The band carried on with the show, inviting audience members and singer Donovan Leitch to pitch in.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=89175

looks like scotts feels it would be like a sort of side project and he would want to keep VR going hmm i know it says "a while ago" scott said this but i'd like to think that VR will keep going smile

Acekicken

Acekicken wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

to get it.

No.

The Project has speculation whirling around it again. Sebastian Bach has been let go from his title roll in the Jesus Christ Superstar tour. To his credit, Sebastian was almost immediately forthcoming about the reasons and his future plans in a statement on his official web site, SebastianBach.com. An artistic difference led to Sebastian's dismissal; Sebastian felt the need to keep a big rock number in the show, and the producers wanted it out. Sebastian is an avowed rocker, and he has a number of plans for pursuing that course. The Project speculation centers on these words from Baz:

"All of this has made me realize that it is time for me to follow my heart & create some brand new original rock & roll that will completely blow you away . I have been working with one of the biggest bands in the world & will now persue[sic] that collaboration with full force. "

Baz fans report that they can't remember a band like that except possibly the future success of The Project. It does sound as if Baz is going to pursue the vocalist position with all he's got. He lists other personal recordings he wants to make, too.

http://www.snakepit.org/0403news.html

And an interesting thing by Slash, why Bach wasn't chosen as their lead singer.

http://www.snakepit.org/0304news.html

SEBASTIAN BACH: Not Waiting Around For SLASH And Co. - Jan. 8, 2003 

In a brand new interview with Asheville Citizen-Times, former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach reiterated his desire to join the new band formed by ex-GUNS N' ROSES members Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum, but expressed his concern that the two parties' conflicting schedules may ultimately make such a union impossible.

"We're talking about getting together," he said. "But I'm busy until July. Some people take so long to do something. I'm not like that. You can't get me off the stage."

AtariLegend wrote:

^ Source?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

^ Source?

check the date 16

Board footer