You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Something is up with Pitman

misterID wrote:
Will wrote:

Wow thanks Atari, haven't heard any of this before. Listening to the Lusk album now. I didn't realise Pitman was actually a band member in Lusk, we'd better revise his discography here on the site smile

Lusk is cool, also check out The Replicants, another band with Paul D'amour. It's a cover album.

I don't think Madagascar comes close to the live versions.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

If the world is a kick ass track no doubt. Madagascar has not aged very well at all

I agree and don't agree with you at all.

1) Madagascar is a great track. Period. One of my favorites on Chinese for several reasons.
2) If the World has not aged well for me, but I get your point (i'll explain further)
3) Maddy is the superior track imo

The problem is, Maddy was one of the earliest concoctions that Axl came up with, specifically with your favorite keyboardist Chris Pitman. Actually I think at that time, Axl, Chris, Dizzy & Paul were working on that tune, before anyone else was there to replace the old Guns.

So this track is probably circa 1998-99, at a time when Chinese Democracy was in its infancy. By the time the track was heard in 2001-02, it was cool, and fresh. By the time it was heard in 2006, it was dated -- very dated. By the time it got released in a proper studio form in 2008, although the tune kicked ass (through 1998 ears, as opposed to 2008 ones), Maddy was a great tune, but suffered from the same problems certain songs on Contraband suffer from today. Trapped in the time they were recorded, BECAUSE they attempted to be fresh and current, as opposed to traditional and timeless.

Maddy is a great tune, and remains one of my favorites from the period. If the World on the other hand, I believe I made a comment in 2008 here that I thought the song would age well, and in alot of ways ITW has aged well, not because of it's quality or lack thereof, but more so from its simplistic, flamenco-guitar flavored style, goes more traditional, and has a sexy style, that was ahead of its time and that very much is in the same vein of contemporary artists such as Adele, Lana, even Coldplay-ish as well. A different song for Guns, and certainly very-Axl, but the song just happened to be where several pop/rock artists went into in the 2010s.

Maddy was dated when it was released, because it's an old cut. If the World just happened to be a trend-setter without even knowing it.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Back when it was a peninsula. 9

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I don't hate Pittman.

But really dude needs to check his ego and realize he is not as important as: Axl, Slash, Duff, and Izzy (If he is back).

AtariLegend wrote:

What's the ego thing? tongue. He's barely done any interviews since the album was released and more of them were actually random fan ones. He stands at the back of the stage. Pitman makes Axl look like Slash when it comes to the media.

Where are people getting that Pitman is comparing himself to Axl, Duff, Slash? It it his Twitter profile picture? 18 Is it the urban legend that he's responsible for the studio work of the Live Era back in the day? hmm

misterID

misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

What's the ego thing? tongue. He's barely done any interviews since the album was released and more of them were actually random fan ones. He stands at the back of the stage. Pitman makes Axl look like Slash when it comes to the media.

Where are people getting that Pitman is comparing himself to Axl, Duff, Slash? It it his Twitter profile picture? 18 Is it the urban legend that he's responsible for the studio work of the Live Era back in the day? hmm

People are making shit up. He had the audacity of calling the band Guns.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Twitter is where is started fellas. ID and Atari, why are you so sensitive about Pitman?  Even the GNR camp told him to tone it down and shut the fuck up. You guys are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Twitter is where is started fellas. ID and Atari, why are you so sensitive about Pitman?  Even the GNR camp told him to tone it down and shut the fuck up. You guys are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

No, you decided to make an issue that he said Guns. He was actually giving out info, what everyone wanted. Then you proceeded to cry about it. The. Entire. Thread.

AtariLegend wrote:

Can we move on from this discussion and do a new/more mature thread if/when we find out that Pitman is out?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes Atari.... That is fine. What happened on MyGNR? Your quote vanished as did other posts. What was your reply to insinuating Amercian cops are out to shoot blacks?

Board footer