You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Nightrain Official Site

Axlin16 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Also it's interesting that on the profiles of the members it reads.

Duff is a Guns N Roses .
Slash is a Guns N Roses .
Axl Rose is a Guns N Roses .

Chris Pitman has been a member of this site for 4 years.
Richard Fortus has been a member of this site for 4 years.
Dizzy has been a member of this site for 4 years.
Frank Ferrer has been a member of this site for 4 years.

This is becoming increasingly fascinating to me... more... and more... and more. I also think the more this goes on, the more it starts to vindicate SG and his attitude towards Chris. Believe it or not.

I know alot of insiders have continued to refer to this whole process with GN'R, as not a reunion, but a rebranding. People in the know in the community referred to it as this, LONG before the media picked it up.

Increasingly, anytime any inkling of information that comes out of GNR's camp, CONSISTENTLY refers to GN'R = Axl, Slash & Duff. Nothing more.

It is the bug in the back of my head at night, and during the day about the band I just cannot shake.

Something is up -- LEGALLY -- about all of this.

I wonder, like Slash's previous comments about NOT being a hired Gun in HIS band that HE created, along with Axl, as well as others, if GN'R, in order to protect itself as a legal entity is being considered, now in 2016, a new band partnership as been reached which sees W. Axl Rose, Saul Hudson aka "Slash", and Michael "Duff" McKagan, as the legal entity "Guns N' Roses", no different than the Uzi Suicide pact that was reached many years ago.

Despite Dizzy's senority in the band, he is consistently treated as a legal "hired Gun", Richard, Frank & Chris are obviously given no bearing as GN'R, nor Steven, and Izzy's off somewhere in the dark matter of the matter between the two, probably far enough in that he's cut his own deal, but isn't a full-time member, which leaves Axl, Slash & Duff.

This has been a constant with GN'R since this whole thing started. Not to mention, the GN'R brand has already put out merchandise, such as small games, that ONLY feature Axl, Slash & Duff as the brand of GN'R.

This has nothing to do with Axl. Axl has released merchandise, such as T-shirts (I have one), that featured Axl, DJ, Ron, Richard, Tommy, Frank, Dizzy & Chris as "Guns N' Roses" as a whole. Obviously, legally HE was GN'R, but as a brand, he certainly didn't mind sharing the spotlight with the hired players and treating it as a 'band', no different than Coverdale did with Whitesnake, and continues to do.

Maybe this was a legal request on Slash & Duff's part to have a piece in all this, and to make sure a new band arrangement was reached that they are equal parts GN'R? Axl has 1/3, Slash has 1/3 & Duff has 1/3. Slash & Duff could out-vote Axl, but Axl holds the band name, and ultimate executive decision over the final decision.

Either way... this keeps me curious right now... just what deal did they reach. Not to mention the chastising of Chris for making public statements "as GN'R"... they cut a deal that the rest of them weren't on. I'm assuming Dizzy, because he has no writing credits with the classic Guns, got the slide. Still... i'm kinda of shocked Dizzy wasn't brought in as a full legal member of the band. The rest I get, but Dizzy kind of shocks me. Because Dizzy is about as important as Duff, and Duff was brought in.

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think they are fucking up honestly. I will prob go to Vegas but a Coachella debut would be much better IMO.

Depends on what they're doing. If they are going to do a couple warm up shows with Axl, Slash, Richard, Duff, Frank, Dizzy & Chris, then it might be a nice showcase to what they are going to be. Especially if they use those two shows to drop some new stuff on us (long shot, I know).

Then turn around, and let Coachella be the crazy ass "bigger than life" event. Night 1 = Axl, Slash, Richard, Duff, Frank, Dizzy & Chris. Then mid-way through the show, the band introduces Matt Sorum & possibly Dave Kushner, and the band proceeds to perform a couple GN'R-ized Velvet Revolver songs as a tribute to Scott Weiland. Dave leaves, Matt stays, and later in the show Gilby Clarke is brought out for a Wild Horses jam with the band, and finishes with Paradise City with the whole band.

Night 2 = AFD 5. The whole show features Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven & Dizzy, and solely features Appetite from front-to-back & some GN'R Lies cuts, as well as some old covers like Whole Lotta Rosie, Mama Kin, Jumpin' Jack Flash & KOHD.

Save the biggest and best for last. Then when the band goes on tour, it's the Vegas lineup with Axl, Slash, Duff & Dizzy + new Guns.

That way you don't de-value any single night or event, and you can change up the setlist each show too (not Vegas). Then Night 1 ends up being UYI/VR-night, and Night 2 is AFD/Lies "Classic" night.

jmho

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Dizzy is as important as Duff? GTFO

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I think they are fucking up honestly. I will prob go to Vegas but a Coachella debut would be much better IMO.

I think this is a very sly warm up gig, the media focus will be much more intense at Coachella.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This Vegas shit fucked me. I am working on voiding all of Coachella and I already bought tickets for Vegas.  Costing me a lot of money and stress.

Axlin, you are right with Slash, Duff, Axl. They are letting everyone know what GNR should mean to you.... Just 3 guys with randoms filling in. This will make the other guys very interchangeable. As long as the "Trinity" are on stage, that is "Guns" not the other folks. The other folks don't matter anymore. It is ALL about the "Trinity".

The trinity will control the info coming out. Not guys like Frank, Matt, Pit....  They are being business men. The "Trinity" will always be unified and not speak out of turn that could hurt the brand. At least for now. They have to be careful during this critical time. By promoting Slash, Duff, Axl, it makes everyone ONLY focus on the Original guys. Your mind cannot get clouded with the hired guns. Everything will start and end with them. They are starting to think like the Stones now. It's about the money. Now is when you kill it. When the stones tour, they aren't propping up Daryl Jones etc.  Very smart and impressive for the three of them. Let the Cash Cow take it in. This is their time. They won't lose a lot of money like during illusions. They will earn tens of millions of pure profit each if they do this right.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Management will control info, and ultimately Axl. I really believe Richard is going to be very important, especially in the writing department. At the end of the day, everyone sans Axl is a hired gun, just the pie slice is bigger.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

ID, Axl is the boss, but GNR was rebranded right infront of your eyes. Axl, Slash, Duff. That is Guns N Roses. Not Richard, not Matt, not Dizzy fucking Reed, not Adler, not Izzy, not Pitman.... It is obvious now the deal was only struck with 3 folks. ASD.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

ID, Axl is the boss, but GNR was rebranded right infront of your eyes. Axl, Slash, Duff. That is Guns N Roses. Not Richard, not Matt, not Dizzy fucking Reed, not Adler, not Izzy, not Pitman.... It is obvious now the deal was only struck with 3 folks. ASD.

Yes, I've been saying it was the original 3 not 5. But if we're thinking that Duff and Slash aren't hired guns as well, that's naïve. And I never liked that term, btw, they're in the band, they're part of Guns. How this is being promoted is pretty easy to understand.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

That is Axlin's and my point. It is only about them. Before it was about everyone. No more.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Dizzy is as important as Duff? GTFO

Absolutely.

Do you really think that the general audience knows, and gives two flying shits that Duff fucking McKagan is there? I don't give a damn how many MyGNR nerds post in the comment section on Yahoo articles, to the general public, again... a reunion = Axl & Slash.

Know why?

Duff performed with Axl & Dizzy for several shows as GN'R in 2014... and N-O-B-O-D-Y C-A-R-E-D.

Outside of the diehards

All of the sudden Slash comes back, and we're talking $3-4 million a show, there the #1 story in rock for the last 6 months, other than a few rock star deaths.

So yes... Duff is as important as Dizzy. So why didn't Dizzy get a slice of the pie? 26 years is a lot of loyalty. My only guess is Dizzy has no writing credits on the old catalog, and/or Dizzy was asked and decline (which would be dumb, but then again -- Izzy declined too).

Why does Duff get all this credit? What makes him so special from a business standpoint, and a money standpoint? Let's be honest... this is ALL ABOUT -- SLASH being back.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes, I've been saying it was the original 3 not 5. But if we're thinking that Duff and Slash aren't hired guns as well, that's naïve. And I never liked that term, btw, they're in the band, they're part of Guns. How this is being promoted is pretty easy to understand.

Smoking Guns wrote:

That is Axlin's and my point. It is only about them. Before it was about everyone. No more.

SG has this thing nailed actually, and yes that was my point too.

The part that stumps me entirely is why Dizzy was excluded. I mean, 26 years... that's alot of loyalty AND Dizzy's wrote material on Chinese (which Slash & Duff are rehearsing) AND Dizzy has material in the vault he's written. The dude has been there since 1990, and basically only missed two albums. He's also in the Rock Hall as a member of the band.

I disagree with you ID on Axl still having these guys as hired Guns. I think we've reverted back to a new band partnership, the more and more I think about it. Slash & Duff might've gotten what they wanted after all these years, and Axl too. Axl keeps the name, but Slash & Duff are full partners in Guns N' Roses now, unlike the rest.

Again... why cut out Dizzy? I get in 1994-96... but now... I find it a huge fuck you to him. HUGE. SG is right, it comes across more and more as a complete rebranding of GN'R in being Axl, Slash & Duff and nothing more, and not only is management operating similar to The Stones and other acts of that caliber, but they've also isolated other long-tenured members. Chris has been there for nearly 20 years himself, AND has writing credits on Chinese, as well as unheard vault tracks. Richard's been there for 15 years, despite not performing with the old lineup and Chinese pretty much being written by Paul before he arrived.

It'd be like the Stones at this stage saying "Ronnie Wood is an additional musician".

Even in the Live Era sleeve Axl gave full acknowledgement of Dizzy Reed being apart of Guns N' Roses, even in it's classic lineup, while bumping Matt & Gilby to the "additional musicians" roster.

Board footer