You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

Cramer wrote:

Neither one of you are paying attention to what is happening right now. This is not about the DNC. This is not about what the Khans may or may no believe about gay marriage. This is not about the NFL publicly stating that Trump is lying again. This is not about the GOP primaries (which polling showed conclusively that he would win btw.)

This is about Trump's campaign starting to fall apart. Trump's demagoguery is finally coming back to bite him on the ass. Prominent Republicans are beginning to endorse Hillary Clinton. They're calling Trump out for his dangerous rhetoric and will do anything they can to stop him. A new poll (from an A rated polling group) from Georgia...GEORGIA has him in a dead heat with Hillary. Trump's GOP convention made him less likable in the eyes of Americans. On and on...you're welcome to pivot to something else, but you'd only be shielding yourselves from the truth.

The true battleground states have it dead even or a point or two.  He was actually ahead in Florida the last poll I saw.  All your ranting and you haven't once explained why Hillary is a better candidate or excuse all of her lies and anti-progressive positions.  Obama's brother is voting for Trump.  Does that mean anything?  FUCK NO IT DOESN'T.  I don't care what some no name congressman from nowhere, USA is supporting.  You're trying to pretend like there's some GOP exodus for Clinton, yet how many people that voted for Obama in 08 and 12 are now going for Trump.  You ignore that aspect and think because some actor or no name congressmen endorsed Clinton, it has some meaning.  Who are these "prominent" Republicans.  Did you even know who they were before MSNBC or Huff Po ran an article?

I'm not backing Trump.  I've said that 100 times here and on your forum.  But this hypocrisy you and others have when it comes to the history of lies with Clinton and all of her deception, yet all you want to focus on is the dumb shit Trump says.

Fuck Kahn.  He sacrificed shit for his country and his sons actions reflect on him no more than his father's actions reflect on him.  You guys want to prance out victims to silence any discussion on issues because you know immigration is a loser.  You're scared to death that when Hillary is forced to face her comments and actions, she won't be able to run backstage and converse with her advisers.  Maybe she can just decline to answer every question she doesn't like.

Have a fucking backbone.  Either admit you give a fuck about transparency and electing a competent person who isn't the definition of corruption, or back Jill Stein or some other 3rd party candidate.  Your constant attacks on Trump while a refusal to acknowledge any of the numerous faults of Clinton is telling.  You're a cheerleader and Clinton could advocate 18th trimester abortions and you'd still support her.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't ignore Hillary's faults. Still, she is not the Lucifer make her out to be. Her fuck ups are stupid, and she makes them worse, but a lot of the criticism is wildly exaggerated.

Trump has no chance.

I still would not be surprised if he quits.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Neither one of you are paying attention to what is happening right now. This is not about the DNC. This is not about what the Khans may or may no believe about gay marriage. This is not about the NFL publicly stating that Trump is lying again. This is not about the GOP primaries (which polling showed conclusively that he would win btw.)

This is about Trump's campaign starting to fall apart. Trump's demagoguery is finally coming back to bite him on the ass. Prominent Republicans are beginning to endorse Hillary Clinton. They're calling Trump out for his dangerous rhetoric and will do anything they can to stop him. A new poll (from an A rated polling group) from Georgia...GEORGIA has him in a dead heat with Hillary. Trump's GOP convention made him less likable in the eyes of Americans. On and on...you're welcome to pivot to something else, but you'd only be shielding yourselves from the truth.

The true battleground states have it dead even or a point or two.  He was actually ahead in Florida the last poll I saw.  All your ranting and you haven't once explained why Hillary is a better candidate or excuse all of her lies and anti-progressive positions.  Obama's brother is voting for Trump.  Does that mean anything?  FUCK NO IT DOESN'T.  I don't care what some no name congressman from nowhere, USA is supporting.  You're trying to pretend like there's some GOP exodus for Clinton, yet how many people that voted for Obama in 08 and 12 are now going for Trump.  You ignore that aspect and think because some actor or no name congressmen endorsed Clinton, it has some meaning.  Who are these "prominent" Republicans.  Did you even know who they were before MSNBC or Huff Po ran an article?

I'm not backing Trump.  I've said that 100 times here and on your forum.  But this hypocrisy you and others have when it comes to the history of lies with Clinton and all of her deception, yet all you want to focus on is the dumb shit Trump says.

Fuck Kahn.  He sacrificed shit for his country and his sons actions reflect on him no more than his father's actions reflect on him.  You guys want to prance out victims to silence any discussion on issues because you know immigration is a loser.  You're scared to death that when Hillary is forced to face her comments and actions, she won't be able to run backstage and converse with her advisers.  Maybe she can just decline to answer every question she doesn't like.

Have a fucking backbone.  Either admit you give a fuck about transparency and electing a competent person who isn't the definition of corruption, or back Jill Stein or some other 3rd party candidate.  Your constant attacks on Trump while a refusal to acknowledge any of the numerous faults of Clinton is telling.  You're a cheerleader and Clinton could advocate 18th trimester abortions and you'd still support her.

This post went a bit far in my opinion. They both lie. You cannot point to one and not other. Hillary has done some questionable things and so has Trump.

I just assume they all lie. Paul Ryan used social security to get through college but now he condemns the program. John Edwards was a rising star in the Democratic Party and he did some outlandish things morally and should never hold higher office ever again.

Randall, it does appear that you support Trump. I don't buy your comments to the contrary. For god sake, all I ask is that they hold both candidates to the same standard. It seems like every election gets worse. What do we all even base our votes on anymore? Who we hate less?

The American voter has become so fickle.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Gary Johnson's stance on some major issues. A lot of this makes perfect sense. Too much sense, maybe.

https://www.johnsonweld.com/issues

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Jesus, trump is so fucking stupid and Hillary is so fucking shady I can't tell which is worse.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Cramer wrote:

This post went a bit far in my opinion. They both lie. You cannot point to one and not other. Hillary has done some questionable things and so has Trump.

I just assume they all lie. Paul Ryan used social security to get through college but now he condemns the program. John Edwards was a rising star in the Democratic Party and he did some outlandish things morally and should never hold higher office ever again.

Randall, it does appear that you support Trump. I don't buy your comments to the contrary. For god sake, all I ask is that they hold both candidates to the same standard. It seems like every election gets worse. What do we all even base our votes on anymore? Who we hate less?

The American voter has become so fickle.

I don't disagree with you .  My only compliment to Trump is that he's ending political correctness.  In what world should Kahn be immune from criticism or a counter to his points, just because he lost a son 12 years ago.  It's a bullshit argument by the left to end discussions on topics they're unable to intelligently argue.  Trump is helping end this artificial barrier on what words are ok to use.  Other than that, I have no use for him.

You can believe I support Trump all day long, but I've said since the beginning he's a birther and will never gain my support.  Feel free to drop by Cramer's forum if you're so inclined.  I backed Kasich all the way until the end (i'll share my facebook post with you that shows me voting for him in Ohio), and now I'm backing Johnson.  I still very much believe Clinton will win, though I don't think it's a sure thing.  I just get outraged when people mock Trump for his lies and stupidity, but stand behind Clinton who has nothing to her name other than being the wife of Bill, and her numerous policy switches and outright lies.  Brian Williams loses his career for claiming to have taken fire, yet Clinton is anointed the leader of the Democratic party when she claims she took fire or Chelsea was jogging around the WTC when it went down.  I'm just shocked that this "par for the course" is not only accepted, but celebrated by her supporters.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I don't disagree with you .  My only compliment to Trump is that he's ending political correctness.  In what world should Kahn be immune from criticism or a counter to his points, just because he lost a son 12 years ago.  It's a bullshit argument by the left to end discussions on topics they're unable to intelligently argue.  Trump is helping end this artificial barrier on what words are ok to use.  Other than that, I have no use for him.

You can believe I support Trump all day long, but I've said since the beginning he's a birther and will never gain my support.  Feel free to drop by Cramer's forum if you're so inclined.  I backed Kasich all the way until the end (i'll share my facebook post with you that shows me voting for him in Ohio), and now I'm backing Johnson.  I still very much believe Clinton will win, though I don't think it's a sure thing.  I just get outraged when people mock Trump for his lies and stupidity, but stand behind Clinton who has nothing to her name other than being the wife of Bill, and her numerous policy switches and outright lies.  Brian Williams loses his career for claiming to have taken fire, yet Clinton is anointed the leader of the Democratic party when she claims she took fire or Chelsea was jogging around the WTC when it went down.  I'm just shocked that this "par for the course" is not only accepted, but celebrated by her supporters.

Good post, I agree with a lot of the things you've said. The only thing that's frustrating to me is that people laud Trump's so called 'truth speaking' while in fact he's a compulsive liar. There's absolutely no reason for Kahn to be immune to criticism, but what Trump is doing isn't providing a cogent argument as to why he's wrong or off the mark. As usual, all he did was inanely flap his lips about to let some tired old stereotypes come out. I'm all for ending political correctness, but you're not absolved from having to come up with an intelligent argument and that's where Trump consistently fails.

Yes, Hillary is a flip-flopping liar, and she'll do anything to get in power. However, her party is at least somewhat unified and will keep her in check to a certain extent. Trump is a dumb as a doornail, a compulsive liar, and completely unhinged. Neither will be a good president, but at least Hillary's entourage has some say over her. They'll be there to cover up her mistakes and lies, but they'll at least be somewhat effective in keeping her from making a complete mess out of things.

Also, look at it this way, at least Hillary is smart enough that her lies require hacked emails to come out and be provable. Trump, the dumb fuck that he is, simply contradicts himself from one sentence to the other. And you gotta ask yourself, if he's willing to so blatantly lie about those little things, what else is he lying about...

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Randall, Mole....try this thought on for size see how it fits you....

It's a relatively simple idea, but I think it has some traction.

Let me take you to my home state of Wisconsin (I now live in Illinois). In Wisconsin, they elected Scott Walker around 2010. He was elected essentially over emotions. I consider them to be very negative emotions. He said it himself, he used "divide and conquer" politics in his campaign and legislative decisions.

After talking to some folks that supported him, I found that they were much more motivated to "hurt them" than help themselves.

Now I can't say who "them" was established to be. It was a bit of a slight of hand trick. Walker had convinced enough people that someone was getting more than their fair share and of course this had to end.

This negativity and anger towards Wisconsinites from other Wiscosinites really picked up steam over the past half-decade. Now, in 2016, Wisconsin is suffering from a near 1 billion dollar deficit in its budget. This is far worse than Walkers predecessor who saw Wisconsin through 2008 and 2009.

I guess I wonder though if any economic or political philosophy can truly survive when it required so much anger and negativity to implement in the first place. It sure is entertaining during campaign season, but when it really counts and we need a governor, it hardly serves anyone.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Randall, Mole....try this thought on for size see how it fits you....

It's a relatively simple idea, but I think it has some traction.

Let me take you to my home state of Wisconsin (I now live in Illinois). In Wisconsin, they elected Scott Walker around 2010. He was elected essentially over emotions. I consider them to be very negative emotions. He said it himself, he used "divide and conquer" politics in his campaign and legislative decisions.

After talking to some folks that supported him, I found that they were much more motivated to "hurt them" than help themselves.

Now I can't say who "them" was established to be. It was a bit of a slight of hand trick. Walker had convinced enough people that someone was getting more than their fair share and of course this had to end.

This negativity and anger towards Wisconsinites from other Wiscosinites really picked up steam over the past half-decade. Now, in 2016, Wisconsin is suffering from a near 1 billion dollar deficit in its budget. This is far worse than Walkers predecessor who saw Wisconsin through 2008 and 2009.

I guess I wonder though if any economic or political philosophy can truly survive when it required so much anger and negativity to implement in the first place. It sure is entertaining during campaign season, but when it really counts and we need a governor, it hardly serves anyone.

I agree with your premise, but unfortunately it looks like this cycle is going to be dominated by anti-votes. Trump and Clinton are the two most hated candidates in history, bar none, and I just don't see a practical way for them to run a positive campaign. I have a sliver of hope that this creates a real opportunity for a third party to finally get a foothold in the US. But I think more realistically it is going to result in Hillary winning, triggering either a complete retooling of the GOP to be more towards the center, or the GOP simply being supplanted by the Libertarian party. Disregarding the effects of a Hillary presidency for a minute, I think both of those scenarios are improvements over the current situation as far as the right wing is concerned: a more moderate GOP would likely be less influenced by religious doctrine, while the Libertarian party follows at the very least a more consistent and intellectually honest philosophy.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Randall, I'm starting to fall on Johnson's side. What particularly from him swayed you?

Board footer