You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

You guys are hypocrites. You blame the republicans for everything. Obama does NOTHING wrong. Yet you tell me I blame Obama for everything. Hahaha. They all fuck up.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It matters because it isn't accurate. It doesn't feel like 4.9% unemployment because it isn't.

If it's not accurate now....perhaps it never will be....

perhaps we really have no idea....

and let's think about this....if the unemployment is at 9%....that's 9 out of 100 people "bitching as you call it....

There are plenty of minimum wage jobs out there for everyone....hmmm....I wonder why no one is biting.

Minimum wage jobs/starter jobs are not "middle class" jobs. They are usually for students, high school kids, retired folks, etc. You can't raise a family working a Subway. But if that is what job were created that isn't good. We need more middle class jobs. Jobs that pay $50,000-100,000 not 18,000-24,000. At one point we had those jobs. We don't now.

No,you're not getting it. You're telling us to ignore the numbers and go off what people feel like. The people who have been hurt by YOUR SIDES philosophy/ideology. You are pro illegal immigration so these people can be paid shit wages for jobs that used to be able to provide a middle class life; construction, roofing,  carpentry, etc. Those middle class jobs didn't go away because of Obama, but because of greedy rich fucks who could make more money by outsourcing. That is a Republican belief.

When Obama said he wanted to provide an opportunity for kids to get a college degree in this changing economy, and you know those positions that pay 50-100 k are disappearing for people without college degrees. Those are the people they're talking about. He was called a snob by republicans for saying that. Unbelievable.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You guys are hypocrites. You blame the republicans for everything. Obama does NOTHING wrong. Yet you tell me I blame Obama for everything. Hahaha. They all fuck up.

No, you blame Obama for everything. Part of no regulation means corporations can do whatever the fuck they want, like outsource those computer programmer jobs to China or India. That's what I'm trying to get through to you.

We need a pitbull, a wolverine, and Obama isn't it. He played chicken and swerved first, because he didn't want to play the game in the first place. Hillary would not have swerved. So what if she's a shady, vicious cunt like you guys say. If you're in a legal case and you need a lawyer, do you want Mr. Rogers or a vicious, no conscience, eat the weak, bloodthirsty shark? Give me Johnny Cochran any day. Someone who knows the system, who can manipulate the slime. They will not play chicken with Hillary. That's why I supported Hill in 08 over Obama.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

If it's not accurate now....perhaps it never will be....

perhaps we really have no idea....

and let's think about this....if the unemployment is at 9%....that's 9 out of 100 people "bitching as you call it....

There are plenty of minimum wage jobs out there for everyone....hmmm....I wonder why no one is biting.

Minimum wage jobs/starter jobs are not "middle class" jobs. They are usually for students, high school kids, retired folks, etc. You can't raise a family working a Subway. But if that is what job were created that isn't good. We need more middle class jobs. Jobs that pay $50,000-100,000 not 18,000-24,000. At one point we had those jobs. We don't now.

No,yourenot getiting it. You're telling us to ignore the numbers and go off what people feel like. The people who have been hurt by YOUR SIDES philosophy/ideology. You are pro illegal immigration so these people can be paid shit wages for jobs that used to be able to provide a middle class life; construction, roofing,  carpentry, etc. Those middle class jobs didn't go away because of Obama, but because of greedy rich fucks could make more money by outsourcing. That is a Republican belief.

When Obama said he wanted to provide an opportunity for kids to get a college degree in this changing economy, and you know those positions that pay 50-100 k are disappearing for people without college degrees. Those are the people they're talking about. He was called a snob by republicans for saying that. Unbelievable.

2 things

Mexicans that do trades get paid well. They are scarce and know it.

Black's and whites don't want to do that shit. We need them here. Americans are generally lazy as fuck. Have you ever laid roof shingles in Florida or Alabama?

I want these guys to get tax ID's and pay taxes and close the border. That is what I want.

Without the illegals and legals we would be much more fucked than with them. They spend money here. They live here. They rent and pay utilities here. They eat here. They help keep costs down so people can afford a home or a head of lettuce. But I can't get a legal or illegal to do clean up for me for less than $10. My cheapest guy is $13 per hour.

I think we can all admit they are badass workers. But with time their kids will be Americanized and we will need hard working folks again. Haha

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

No, you blame Obama for everything. Part of no regulation means corporations can do whatever the fuck they want, like outsource those computer programmer jobs to China or India. That's what I'm trying to get through to you.

We need a pitbull, a wolverine, and Obama isn't it. He played chicken and swerved first, because he didn't want to play the game in the first place. Hillary would not have swerved. So what if she's a shady, vicious cunt like you guys say. If you're in a legal case and you need a lawyer, do you want Mr. Rogers or a vicious, no conscience, eat the weak, bloodthirsty shark? Give me Johnny Cochran any day. Someone who knows the system, who can manipulate the slime. They will not play chicken with Hillary. That's why I supported Hill in 08 over Obama.

Read my posts, I said Hillary would be better as well. I just don't "like" her but she would be far better than Obama.

Obama has allowed more H1B visas, that people used to bring in computer peeps from India at a cheap rate and replace Americans. That is kind of fucked.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

"83 percent say economic benefits are skewed to the rich
66 percent say they don't apply for minimum-wage jobs because the pay is too low
The unemployed are spending just 11.7 hours a week looking for work.
More than half — 51 percent — say they haven't had a job interview since 2014."

These are issues for Republicans. What you're quoting here is what the Republicans are responsible for. With the house and senate, where has been a real bill to address this? They certainly have not raised minimum wage. They have not stopped corporate welfare. They have not implemented an outsourcing tax...because they are against all of these things. Trump wants to LOWER the minimum wage. We're paying republican salaries to literally obstruct, do nothing, and in Ted Cruz's case, read Doctor Seuss on the senate floor. We almost had the grand bargain, but republicans fucked it up... A bill that would have given them a victory... But they decided to become the party of no instead and make Obama a one term president.

How does raising the minimum wage help unemployment? How does raising the minimum wage help the unemployed computer programmer that was making 65,000 per year? How does paying someone $15 per hour to ring up a .99 burrito at Taco Bell help that Tbell owner?  I think minimum wage should be $10. $15 is black hole stupid. There will be less hires if that is forced.

The current republicans have sucked. No argument here!!

These were your arguments from your articles whyObama sucks, and I pointed out the specific areas that are in line with Republican ideology. It was a quote from the article you posted, dude. I didn't bring this up.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

66 percent say they don't apply for minimum-wage jobs because the pay is too low

These are issues for Republicans. What you're quoting here is what the Republicans are responsible for. With the house and senate, where has been a real bill to address this? They certainly have not raised minimum wage. They have not stopped corporate welfare. They have not implemented an outsourcing tax...because they are against all of these things. Trump wants to LOWER the minimum wage. We're paying republican salaries to literally obstruct, do nothing, and in Ted Cruz's case, read Doctor Seuss on the senate floor. We almost had the grand bargain, but republicans fucked it up... A bill that would have given them a victory... But they decided to become the party of no instead and make Obama a one term president.

How does raising the minimum wage help unemployment? How does raising the minimum wage help the unemployed computer programmer that was making 65,000 per year? How does paying someone $15 per hour to ring up a .99 burrito at Taco Bell help that Tbell owner?  I think minimum wage should be $10. $15 is black hole stupid. There will be less hires if that is forced.

These were your arguments from your articles whyObama sucks, and I pointed out the specific areas that are in line with Republican ideology. It was a quote from the article you posted, dude. I didn't bring this up.

It's not so much about Obama but more about the 4.9% number is bullshit NONE of you guys will say, "you know SG, you are probably correct, unemployment is probably under reported". NOT ONE. All of you fear saying this will mean Obama sucks or something. I don't get it. I think deep down you all know the number is bogus

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

No,yourenot getiting it. You're telling us to ignore the numbers and go off what people feel like. The people who have been hurt by YOUR SIDES philosophy/ideology. You are pro illegal immigration so these people can be paid shit wages for jobs that used to be able to provide a middle class life; construction, roofing,  carpentry, etc. Those middle class jobs didn't go away because of Obama, but because of greedy rich fucks could make more money by outsourcing. That is a Republican belief.

2 things

Black's and whites don't want to do that shit. We need them here. Americans are generally lazy as fuck. Have you ever laid roof shingles in Florida or Alabama?

I want these guys to get tax ID's and pay taxes and close the border. That is what I want.

Without the illegals and legals we would be much more fucked than with them. They spend money here. They live here. They rent and pay utilities here. They eat here. They help keep costs down so people can afford a home or a head of lettuce. But I can't get a legal or illegal to do clean up for me for less than $10. My cheapest guy is $13 per hour.

I think we can all admit they are badass workers. But with time their kids will be Americanized and we will need hard working folks again. Haha

Of course they're hard workers and we benefit from their cheap labor, but it doesn't mean they're being hired for the betterment of America.

I knew several roofing companies in Florida and they made a shit ton of money, until the contractors started hiring illegals like it was going out of style.

I believe in the dream act and those who want to be Americans and pay into the system should stay... But I seriously don't think that there are many of those people who want the American dream. They're here strictly for the employment. Being from Florida,I know these communities, and the migrant camps hate illegals. There's only so many of these jobs to go around and it's a literal fight to get and keep them.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

who cares what the minn. wage is....ain't no one but the bottom of the barrel gonna work for that....and then they're gonna go do crack on their time off and miss work the next day.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

2 things

Who is not for this idea? Yes....make them legal and then they can pay taxes...

but they'll never vote for this GOP. and because of that the GOP won't let them vote...

Board footer