You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
TheMole wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

There's zero chance they don't fuck it up. Zero.

Then fix that, and vote on smarter people.

There is no fixing it. The system is rigged.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
TheMole wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

There's zero chance they don't fuck it up. Zero.

Then fix that, and vote on smarter people.

There is no fixing it. The system is rigged.

So what... you've given up? The only option is to let the broken system go on for eternity? Or are you one of those "Thin's is busted, an' th' only way t'fix them is wif mah shotgun" guys?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Not exactly. I'm hoping enough people figure out the flaws for things to matter again.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Buzzsaw is right. Not because it would be impossible to administer, but because the political will to make it work isn't there. Unfortunately, it's a politicized issue, so republicans can't allow democrats to solve the problem, and vice versa.  One side can't allow the other the big win, and they'll sabotage each other's efforts every step of the way.

But single payer is inevitable. Healthcare is a failed market, the private sector continues to drive up costs, single payer is the only solution. The only question is how long can the American people continue to suffer, before enough of them demand it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

At some point people are going to be able to buy into their medicare early. The inevitable is the cap of the medical and pharma industries. It's not sustainable.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

The private sector at least in terms of insurance companies aren't driving up anything.  I don't know how many times I have to say it...until they get the costs under control, nothing will work.  Not single payer.  Not anything.  It can't cost $800 for an IV and hundreds of dollars for bandages.  Prescriptions are over priced.  Everything is over priced.  Nothing else matters.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

buzzsaw wrote:

The private sector at least in terms of insurance companies aren't driving up anything.  I don't know how many times I have to say it...until they get the costs under control, nothing will work.  Not single payer.  Not anything.  It can't cost $800 for an IV and hundreds of dollars for bandages.  Prescriptions are over priced.  Everything is over priced.  Nothing else matters.

So then its time for government to regulate big pharma??

I just don't see a 'market' solution to the problem.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

It's not just pharmaceutical companies. Litigation, other legal fees, employees, training, etc. Everything is expensive and while some of it may be reasonable, a lot of it isn't. If you don't tackle all of it, the process will be never ending.  You can't fix it piece by piece.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It's not just pharmaceutical companies. Litigation, other legal fees, employees, training, etc. Everything is expensive and while some of it may be reasonable, a lot of it isn't. If you don't tackle all of it, the process will be never ending.  You can't fix it piece by piece.

Class action lawsuits have to be capped also. There's no other way.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Blue Cross of Alabama and Florida got their clocks cleaned "they claim".

Board footer