You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Why are we afraid of trump?  To me, what's attractive about him is the fact that the establishment is so scared of him, and it's not because he's going to start ww3.  What are they really afraid of?

You know, had Trump ran more of a rational, businessman, The Apprentice Boardroom style of campaign I would have supported him to a good extent. Possibly even voted for him.  But the way he's run this reckless campaign is just shocking!!   

What's worse, it's all a schtick.  He's not some Conservative Republican at all?!  He's a liberal New Yorker just saying whatever it takes at this point. I truly believe he first entered the campaign in the summertime to ruin Jeb Bush.  I think he really hated the Bush's & Dick Cheneys. I think his sole purpose was going to be just to attack him.  Then when his campaign started gaining traction & support his ego kicked in & now he wants this. He's just flailing at the wind & saying whatever he wants or needs to say ("Build a wall between US & Mexico & make Mexico build it"??) and just continues on.  I just think he's gotten too far off track & it's more of a mockery of a Presidential campaign than a real one.  Again, had he been more of 'the smartest guy in the room' I would've had more interest in his appeal as not another politician, and I think he could have and suceeded. Somewhere tho, his ego got off track. But hey, he's still winning. I heard his son on the radio on an interview, as part of his campaign. And strangely he still sounded very straight on this. As if it hadn't reached any point of absurdity on the family name. Not sure if his daughter Ivanka's been interviewed much recently, I'd be curious as to her thoughts on it, and if she believes deep down this has gone too far.

To me, if Trump kills it today, he's gotta reel it back in. Tone it down & become the sucessful businessman/boardroom guy again. Otherwise, it's Jerry Springer.

Ask Perot how the straight businessman approach works.  It had to be someone pulling a Trump.  I said that numerous pages ago.  Nice doesn't bring change.  Nice doesn't get people fired up.  It had to be this way; there was no other way to get to where the establishment was in trouble.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

To name two things, Trump 's tax plan and health care plans hurt the middle and lower classes, leave many millions uninsured again and add trillions to our debt. Google them if you want. I don't have the links handy.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Why are we afraid of trump?  To me, what's attractive about him is the fact that the establishment is so scared of him, and it's not because he's going to start ww3.  What are they really afraid of?

Why are people afraid of Trump? There are plenty of reasons. He has shown disregard for the first amendment when he has said he will open libel laws so he could sue people who write negative articles.  He also advocates for violence against protestors and also wants them to be thrown into jail. He has no tolerance for those who disagree with him or criticize him. That is the type of behavior you see from paranoid dictators. What is it going to be like as the election season becomes even more heated or if he did win the presidency?

He is also a bully. If he isn't advocating for violence he is name calling those that disagree with him.  He makes sexist remarks about women he dislikes. He mocked a disabled reporter. Is this the man anyone can seriously see meeting with other heads of state?

He advocates for war crimes by wanting to kill innocent civilians (terrorist's family members) and seems to favor cruel and unusual punishment.

He has no substance. He doesn't stand for anything except being anti-Mexican, anti-Muslim, and anti-trade. He has taken just about every side of every issue and has a problem with telling the truth.

He's a billionaire that has a tax plan that benefits the wealthy more than anyone else. He has his clothing line made overseas and brings immigrants over to take over the jobs of Americans. Yet he somehow has conned people into thinking he is for the average American. Or that he is really going to shake up the establishment when his actions and tax plan show otherwise! We are supposed to believe this liar who can't make up his mind because...?

Saying he is attractive is because the establishment is afraid of him is like saying a musician must be brilliant because your parents hate them. When sometimes they just really suck.

What exactly does he bring to the table besides "businessman?"

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Also his plan to tax Chinese imports would do incredible damage to the economy and, again, average Americans, and businesses as well.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

What's worrying about Trump is his unpredictability, his disregard for any boundary between truth and self-serving fiction, and his unbridled narcissism.

misterID wrote:

That's not what he said at all. Trump will abuse his presidential powers to settle vendettas. My opinion, he'd be impeached. No telling what would go on with Christie in his cabinet who has his own issues of abuse of power. He has shown no filter or self control.

That appears to be exactly what he said.  Obama btw is setting the world on fire using the agencies against his enemies.  Clinton just had them killed.

No, you stopped reading and got defensive. There's no reason to go on with this with you.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

KASICH, KASICH, KASICH!!!!!

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He's the Izzy in this race. Trump is Sorum, of course.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Is Ben Carson Adler?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He's the Izzy in this race. Trump is Sorum, of course.

Lol. He is such a good dude. I don't even see how the DEMS could be pissed with him. He is a GREAT guy from what I can tell.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:

Is Ben Carson Adler?

Duh, he's Frank. Christie would be Adler.

Board footer