You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: The Spin 79 - Guns songs ranked

PaSnow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

List looks alright until you see Shackler's ahead of Coma. Get in the Ring is oddly high up. Like they lost concentration after the first 10 or so.

Take out the cheese & I think GITR is a pretty good song.  The whole Bob Guccione Jr kinda ruins it, and the 'I'd like to crush your head tight in my vice" bit is sorta lame. Had they gone a more industrial route with it (Ministry), it might have worked out better. Otherwise yeah should've just ditched it.

johndivney wrote:

Nah should've kept it as a punk number, just left it as duff song (why do you look at me when you hate me?). Once Axl got on it he ruined it tbh. He should've just shut up & sang it without trying to change it into something more than it originally was.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I love get in the ring!  And Slash's tone sounds killer!!

johndivney wrote:

I love it too great track but Axl's bullshit kinda spoils it

One thing this fucking crap article did get relatively correct is one in a million. Normally jerks like spin would've ranked it last but they at least didn't shit on it like the pc brigade usually do. Nightrain might be #1 but OiaM is prob #2!

AtariLegend wrote:

Remember every time we've done an elimination series of the discography... Estranged has always won. As voted by you guys tongue.

I personally think though all covers should be excluded from these lists and My World (which isn't really a song anyway) shouldn't be listed either.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

OIAM is brilliant. One of Slash's best solos and Axl's vocals are some of his best EVER. I love the lyrics and angst. I get what he is saying. Fantastic song.

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I get what he is saying.

Problem is though, you're the kind of person to take the lyrics literally.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I get what he is saying.

Problem is though, you're the kind of person to take the lyrics literally.

No, I am really not.

johndivney wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Remember every time we've done an elimination series of the discography... Estranged has always won. As voted by you guys tongue.

I never voted tho wink
Was always more interested in observing the results.. Then criticising afterwards!

johndivney wrote:

SG & I will band together & vote tactically for OiaM next time!

Board footer