You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The United Kingdom General Election, 2nd May 2024

AtariLegend wrote:

If we leave. Cameron is fucked, he'll ever resign tomorrow morning or be forced too soon by party donors.

Leave is essentially Boris (who will probably end up as a PM if we leave), Gove and Farage (UKIP). UKIP aren't officially apart of it, but it's expected Farage would get a role in a Boris Government. Apart from that, it's some Torries (mostly) and a few others here or there.

More importantly it's Murdoch who owns half the media (The Sun, The Times, Sky News ect. ) in our country pushing it.

Even if we vote to stay, Cameron's going to be in trouble long term. Boris will be seen as a hero, despite public rejection and people might be out shouting in the streets about it being rigged.

*This is only my interpretation of what I've seen/read*

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I think Cameron will be ok. He was only voted in again last year and I don't think it was because he promised to hold a referendum.

AtariLegend wrote:

BBC coverage started. Watching, expecting a long night.

Everyone expecting remain to win, even those that voted leave according to the coverage. Votes haven't been counted yet.

AtariLegend wrote:

I know this is probably just being paranoid, but voting by marking a box with a pencil doesn't seem very logical.

I mean someone could just, use a rubber... then mark the other box.

I'm not saying it's rigged, I'm just saying tongue.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

You're definitely paranoid, mate. tongue

johndivney wrote:

Haha I made sure to bring a pen with me! At the general election they had pencils on the voting booths but today for some reason they actually had pens so I needn't have bothered bringing one. Funny tho the stuff that's been going on today.

AtariLegend wrote:

Independence for Gibraltar!

96% Remain Vote.

AtariLegend wrote:

Doom and gloom started by BBC.

Newcastle didn't vote remain by a landslide. They just barely scrapped it.

AtariLegend wrote:

Looks like they voted to leave.

News tomorrow night should be interesting. I guess we'll see in a few years, what people have actually voted for!

AtariLegend wrote:

So sterling dropped to it's lowest levels since 1984 tonight and faster than it did during the recession.

London, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Gibraltar (of course) voted against it. The rest of England felt differently. SNP already getting ready for another Scottish referendum.

Seeing Farage on my TV with his head bobbing up and down celebrating, disgusts me. Oh well, it was democracy.

Board footer