You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Secret show: April 1, L.A.?

tejastech08 wrote:
AtomsNest wrote:

So mygnrforum is down, did something new happen?

I don't think so, they just had too many guests visiting.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This needs to be live streamed on the official website.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

For the press conference? Maybe. I figure someone in the media will at least record the announcement and post it on YouTube.

There are rumors going around that the Troubadour gig will have a ban on cell phones and other recording devices. Given that it only holds 500 people, they should be able to keep a very tight lid on it. So you Vegas people are not getting spoiled with leaked footage.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Lol... Relax.  But everyone that says it is great and makes Vegas better and blah blah blah keeps making me respond especially when they don't admit that GNR kind of misled people. As far as today goes, yes, it is cool as fuck. I can't deny it. It is badass. And I am jealous as fuck I can't be there. Everyone of my friends going to Vegas are in the same boat. They all texted saying, "so we aren't seeing the first show anymore". I am like, nope, doesn't look like it. Their typical response is "fuck". They are pissed. Anyway, today will be cool, but it will also make Vegas not significant at all really. We will have fun, sure. But I all have fun in a few months in Atlanta or Nashville too for a tenth of the cost. I wasn't being passive aggressive. I told you to your face I thought your arguments were stupid but I still like you as a poster and you are a fellow gunner and after today I will be cool again. Hahahaha it is all good my friend.

Maybe passive aggressive was the wrong description. Just plain aggressive probably fit the bill more. Anyway, I've said my peace on the matter. You've said yours. We obviously don't see eye to eye, and that's ok. I'm sorry you feel slighted, but I stress again that I'm still extremely jealous that you'll be seeing the first large scale arena show next week. IMO you and others are putting too much of an emphasis on whatever is about to happen today making the Vegas shows inconsequential. I don't see it that way at all. Those shows are going to kick all kinds of ass, and they're much "bigger" than a secret gig in a parking lot or 500 seat club. The whole "first show" thing can be debated. But I'm done discussing this. Let's sit back and try to enjoy whatever is about to unfold.

faldor

faldor wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

For the press conference? Maybe. I figure someone in the media will at least record the announcement and post it on YouTube.

There are rumors going around that the Troubadour gig will have a ban on cell phones and other recording devices. Given that it only holds 500 people, they should be able to keep a very tight lid on it. So you Vegas people are not getting spoiled with leaked footage.

I'd have to think a press conference would have to be streamed somewhere. Are LA media outlets not going nuts over this and camped out covering it? Am I building this up too much?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I expected to see breaking news on Fox, CNN, MSNBC, and the Chicago Tribune (Bigbri)

lance

lance wrote:
tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Someone on GN'R Truth said KTLA mentioned a major music announcement expected around 10 AM Pacific. Maybe they will have a camera there. Here is the live stream:

http://ktla.com/on-air/live-streaming/

faldor

faldor wrote:

A few people who sound like they're on the scene are saying they've been told that no cell phones are allowed tonight. I'm not all that desperate to see grainy footage of songs being played, though I'd obviously take it. But some firsthand accounts would be nice. Who's there? Did they play anything unexpected? How amazing was it? Those sorts of things.

faldor

faldor wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Someone on GN'R Truth said KTLA mentioned a major music announcement expected around 10 AM Pacific. Maybe they will have a camera there. Here is the live stream:

http://ktla.com/on-air/live-streaming/

Damn. I have to get back to work. I'll check back in at 1. Sounds like there maybe an announcement of actual tour dates and venues. That would be nice. A station in Chicago said yesterday that they'd be giving away GNR tickets this weekend, they were just waiting for the go ahead from the band. Gillette Stadium tweeted that they have a major announcement coming. Could very well be related.

Board footer