You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Secret show: April 1, L.A.?

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Tejas gets it. Lol.

I have noticed that the people that are really excited about secret shows are the same ones that didn't pay to go to Vegas. Interesting.

There isn't a single rock show in 2016 that is worth the kind of money GN'R is charging for their reunion shows. I'd pay $3,000 in a heartbeat for a time machine trip back to 1986 on the Sunset Strip, no doubt about it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

So the next time one of you tell me I should be cool with it I will calmly tell you "FUCK YOU, I will feel how the fuck I want and they pulled a bait and switch" etc. me still having fun in Vegas is beside the point. Of course it will be fun. Just not historic.

1st Amendment et al facilitate you to speak your mind, sure.

But a lot of people in this world struggle to feed their families and provide them with shelter, day in, day out.

You're raging because a show you are going to may be preceded by another show.

Allow me to play the world's smallest violin.

Okay, so I should be happy I was potentially lied to which resulted in me paying much higher prices (because I was able to scrape up enough money but really can't afford to go) because some people struggle to feed their family.  How about putting some blame on the band instead of blaming the customer. Who did the potential misleading? The band or myself?  Again, I will have a good time, but we sure do have a lot of experts that tell me how I should feel about money I spent etc.  Oh well, no big deal.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Okay, so I should be happy I was potentially lied to which resulted in me paying much higher prices (because I was able to scrape up enough money but really can't afford to go) because some people struggle to feed their family.  How about putting some blame on the band instead of blaming the customer. Who did the potential misleading? The band or myself?  Again, I will have a good time, but we sure do have a lot of experts that tell me how I should feel about money I spent etc.  Oh well, no big deal.

Maybe the secret show rumors are complete bullshit and Vegas will be the first show. Then you ranted for no reason. Let's just see how it plays out. 16

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

IT IS UNETHICAL BECAUSE VEGAS WAS PROMOTED AS THE FIRST SHOW. I GOT FUCKED AT COACHELLA, but adjusted and also got tix for Vegas and sold Coachella... But for fucks sake, if they play a secret show it is borderline illegal and definitely unethical. I am paying a premium to say "I was at the first show". "I was at the 2nd show" doesn't sound very cool. Put it this way. I am spending $3,000+ for this Vegas trip. The Atlanta or Nashville show for 2 tix and hotel will cost me $300. Now you want to compare $300 to $3,000 and say "why should you care you are having fun" I may punch you in the face for stupidity. You have limited supply and high demand, that created Vegas. To open the flood gates and announce all the shows would have increased supply but demand for Vegas would have dropped drastically because you could wait until they came close. However, Vegas still could get a premium for being the first show. But by playing one prior, it is a HUGE fuck you to people like me. If I new I could get into the gig in LA, I would fucking go to that one. I want to see GNR, but I also wanted to see history. History is night #1. And I may not be there. And by the time show #2 happens all the surprises about Adler or Izzy may have already been ruined and we know the songs and have a good idea of guests already completely killing the mystery, hype, suspense etc.

So the next time one of you tell me I should be cool with it I will calmly tell you "FUCK YOU, I will feel how the fuck I want and they pulled a bait and switch" etc. me still having fun in Vegas is beside the point. Of course it will be fun. Just not historic.

You should be cool with it. lol

Niterain
 Rep: 4 

Niterain wrote:

I'm almost happy that I live in Sweden and don't have any money. It makes it much easier to accept that I won't see the first show, wherever it is. Anyways, I do feel sorry for SG and others who've spent all that money believing it was the first show, but didn't we all hear from the beginning that they would probably play a warmup gig?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

History is night #1. And I may not be there. And by the time show #2 happens all the surprises about Adler or Izzy may have already been ruined and we know the songs and have a good idea of guests already completely killing the mystery, hype, suspense etc.

If its a huge issue then just stay away from gnr forums until the 9th...problem solved...if I can go a month without have starwars the force awakened spoiled then a week avoiding gnr news should be a cake walk 16

Hell maybe we can even impliment a spoiler tag rule around here until vegas

Hell it sucks that show #1 is so important to u...but u have options...attending an ultra exclusive show is prolly not an easy feat without connections close to the band

I may not be able to attend any shows depending on ticket prices so from my perspective u are a pretty lucky guy...I live vicariously thru u

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I generally agree with SG. The big reason a lot of us paid the premium to be there on the 8th was to say we were there for the first. I am frustrated by it.

If you didn't invest in the opportunity to see this then frankly I don't think you can understand the frustration. Now a thousand people that just so happen to be lucky get that experience over something people like SG and I have literally paid for is completely annoying.

Having said that I will have a great time.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I generally agree with SG. The big reason a lot of us paid the premium to be there on the 8th was to say we were there for the first. I am frustrated by it.

If you didn't invest in the opportunity to see this then frankly I don't think you can understand the frustration. Now a thousand people that just so happen to be lucky get that experience over something people like SG and I have literally paid for is completely annoying.

Having said that I will have a great time.

It won't be 1,000 people. Troubadour holds 500. My guess is about 400 of that 500 will be invitations to celebrities and friends. So you're talking 100 lucky people who might have a chance to buy a ticket without any strong connection to the band or any celebrity status to get them in the door. 100 people out of 7 billion people on the planet. Your odds of getting that ticket are slim to none.

But I also said above this secret show rumor could all be bullshit and maybe it is. Just have to see how it plays out. Maybe your Vegas show will be the first show after all.

Lomax wrote:

It would be hilarious if this turned out to be an Axl/DC show.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I feel sorry for u guys...unfortunately there isn't anything to fix it except the chance that the secret show isn't happening

There are ways to avoid spoilers tho...that's all I was saying

Board footer