You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Secret show: April 1, L.A.?

johndivney wrote:

Other news you all may have missed being caught up in this GnR show: it seems hell has frozen over.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Was wondering where u were JD

AtomsNest wrote:

Yeah, Slash and Duff didn't look comfortable. But Axl seemed to be enjoying himself..

I wouldnt say incomfortable...From the clips it just looked like they were mindful of the small stage...that Scom clip sounded bad ass

Not sure what to make of the set list just yet

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I wonder, REALLY wonder, how ChiDem and Better sounded like.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Better might sound in tune for once...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

It sucks to miss out on those things for sure due to being born at the wrong time, but on the bright side at least I'm not an old fuck. 16

I was born in 1979. Too young to go to concerts at their peak

I was born in 1979 also. The first I knew about GNR was Welcome To Jungle video. My brother and I made fun of the name, then the music played and we were both just blown away. I was sucked in at that moment. I remember staying up all night to watch Live At The Ritz when it premiered during a GNR marathon. And the little thing that stands out was Slasdh telling the crowd to shut up when Axl introduced him. I thought he was a dick, and coolest thing ever 16

79'er here too. Must have been a good year for GNR fans to be born. My sister was a big GNR fan when I was like 8, seven years older than me. So initially I hated them because she liked them. I remember asking her to buy me the New Kids on the Block tape for my birthday and she was horrified, but begrudgingly did so. Luckily that stage didn't last long and i saw the light. I remember listening to Appetite with my best friend and thinking "It's So Easy" was just about the coolest thing because the F word was so prominently used. I was hooked from that moment. Never got to see them live though. Didn't really start going to concerts until high school, so I missed out by a few years.  I got to see all of the guys play over the years except for Izzy. Hope I can cross that off the list before too long. Oh, I never got to see Paul Huge either, but who counts that?

Now I need to get back to page 22 of this enormous thread to catch up with all I missed yesterday. Long day ahead. Hopefully I can score some tickets along the way.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
AtomsNest wrote:

Yeah, Slash and Duff didn't look comfortable. But Axl seemed to be enjoying himself.

It was a momentous occasion, not sure what to make of it though. I was ready for the F&F line-up, but it really seemed like Steven at least would appear. I too have come to realise how much he his missed, his energy adds something.

How the fuck can you make that out from those small clips?

Mindfull of the small stage perhaps?

But, no, let's go for the tabloid; "didn't look comfortable"

hahahaha

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Slash looked basically the same when I saw him last May. Moved around a  bit more but he had more room too.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

With only short clips to judge, I noticed the Slash sluggishness right off. Hopefully nothing to worry about since this is based off short clips of a crowded stage.

Axl's voice may get stronger but he won't thin out as the tour progresses: it hasn't happened in recent history as he indulges in drink, steak, and fries. I don't mind his weight gain, perfectly normal for a man his age; however, I hate the metal sludge type comments that inevitably follow.  He could always get on adderall and lose a quick 15 in a month.

From what I hear, Axl's voice sounds like it did during the Vegas residency when quantity of performances was chosen over quality. I came to peace with the reunion being a cash grab a while ago and this doesn't change that. I don't expect anything more than one or two new songs and possibly a few Axl covers of VR/Slash songs. I'd love to hear that actually.

Give me one live disk of excellent Axl voiced songs from AFD to CD to IFSW to Libertad and I will be ebullient.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

How the fuck did we not get one clip of a CD SONG?  I know that no one in that crowd gave a fuck but we haven't gotten any confirm of who played the solos on CD and BETTA.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

I think plenty in the crowd were actually caring about that stuff. Remember some people slept overnight on a hunch.
Cares about that AND willing to risk getting ejected?

I love ya'll, but if I was there, I would have kept my phone in the bag.

Board footer