You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: Secret show: April 1, L.A.?

And just think.. in about 30 hours, there could possibly be video clips of Axl, Slash, and Duff all on the same stage playing the songs we love, streaming on YouTube.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

But didn't everyone think in the back of their mind that a pop up warm up gig could be in the cards? It's kinda been the norm for a while now no?

No, because the Vegas show was announced as the first show. So like dummies we believed they would stand by that. Also, this tour like none other in the history of guns. I went to a Vegas warm up show in Vegas in 2001. It was just another show, no crazy hype or anything. To try and compare past nuguns or classic guns tours to this is ridiculous. They knew what they were doing and they knew "first time in 23 years" would create a huge demand. They have known of a nation wide tour for well over a year. They kept that shit quiet to keep demand for the first 6 shows high. I get that. When you have increased demand, you usually do add more shows, but not earlier shows to upstage your epic come back show. They can play LA after coachella in a club if they want. No need to do that shit now.

Those that agreed with me and support me, thanks!

I still support you buddy.  It will all be good a week from tomorrow.

Mama's Good Boy

I support ya even if I don't agree.   You are certainly entitled to feel the way you do tho.     

I think seeing some youtube videos in a couple days is going to soften that blow.    I'm just happy the shows are happening.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
supaplex wrote:
faldor wrote:

IF this show does take place, and the band was upfront about it from the beginning, it sounds like you guys wouldn't have bought the tickets for Vegas. Just so we're on the same page there. So, them playing a secret gig that 99.9% of the general public will have absolutely zero chance of attending would diminish the "first" arena show Axl and Slash have played together in 23 years? It's still the FIRST show you'd have the opportunity to see them. Everyone KNEW this was a possibility. There are very few guarantees in life. I'm sorry you feel misled. Give it a few days, I'm sure you'll get over it.

How about giving people a shot at it though?
Some people would like to be there and see it for themselves after investing a lot of years into this band.

After you shell out 2-3k for Coachella, then shell out 2-3k for Vegas maybe you don't have the money to try for the secret gig in case there is one.

And it's ok if people don't care about the 'first show' thing, but don't take it on SG and others who obviously care about it and it means a lot to them.

I guess it's all about the money and nothing else for GNR.
Can't wait to see who's at the secret gig if it's gonna happen.

Unfortunately that's the way of the world. Us hardcore fans hardly ever get included in these semi private gigs. It's just the way it is. Sorry if I came on harsh towards SG or anyone else. We don't see eye to eye on this topic, but he's certainly entitled to his opinions and feelings. I'm sure this will all blow over in a few days and the excitement for the Vegas shows will trump everything.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

But a lot of people in this world struggle to feed their families and provide them with shelter, day in, day out.

To me the real depressing thing about this is that it's not really an isolated incident. GNR often acts as if it's fans are entitled and just searching for things to complain over. However, time and time again, when you look closely at what happened, it's because the band often offers minimum value and doesn't hold up their end of the bargain. I'm talking about things like the fan club reboots, or the meets and greets that even guys like pittman or richard were too busy to attend etc, there's tons of incidents. Usually you can look at it and go "well you got something at least". But wouldn't it be nice if GNR actually respected their fans the way some bands do, wouldn't it be nice if you didn't have to take the minimum and GNR actually gave fair value for once?

That's what makes them the most dangerous band in the world though. Look, we've gotten so little over the years, I think we should be happy with whatever is thrown our way. And seriously, we're going to complain NOW, of all times? We have been waiting how long for this? And we're still complaining. Maybe things are never going to be universally accepted with this band and the way they do things. It's been that way for quite some time now, so it really shouldn't come as a shock to any of us. We don't have to like it, we don't even have to accept it. But enough people will, and things will go on the way they were intended. Sure it'd be great if there were wholesale changes in the way they do business, but it hasn't happened yet. Keep hope alive I guess.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Axl has been taking a dump on the fans since 1991.

More dumps will surely be coming.

We can either lay back and enjoy the occasional tenderness that he exhibits while he rapes us, or disengage from the rapings.

This has too much of a potential to be a trainwreck for me to look away.

It's going to be a great couple of weeks and summer.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Vegas is still the first real show. Vegas will have all the pyro, the complete stage show, a full set list, real fans, etc. I'm jealous, SG. You're there.

Mama's Good Boy

bigbri wrote:

Vegas is still the first real show. Vegas will have all the pyro, the complete stage show, a full set list, real fans, etc. I'm jealous, SG. You're there.

I agree.   500 some lucky folks in a small venue, we can't really count that.     Its basically a dress rehersal.

How many of us would have a realistic shot of being at the right place at the right time to be there?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Except GN'R was at its very best when they were a club band instead of arena/stadium band. It's possible this first gig (if it even happens) will have some kinks that need to be worked out in terms of chemistry between the guys on stage. If that's the case, the Vegas audience will benefit.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe they need a private show to get ready for the private show??!?!  I mean seriously, kinks?!?!  These are professionals with professional sound guys etc. There is no need for a private show other than to entertain people. The excuses are getting out of hand. Really, Vegas is their Daytona 500. The biggest concerts as the first. Daytona is always week one. The first race. This should be treated the same. Only GNR would kill the hype of their own fucking come back by having a secret gig where the fans that want in the most won't get in.

Board footer